Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I link the logo.gif back to the site's actual index.htm page instead of store?

This is something I've wondered every time I've built a shopping cart, but I'm just now getting around to asking. LOL My client would like the logo on his shopping cart to link directly back to his site index page, not to loop back to the shopping cart index page. Where can I find the code to modify that? I looked through the EZ-Blue files, but couldn't find a header.php file anywhere. And the header.php files that I did find didn't have any lines dealing with images/logo.gif.

Thanks!!

http://www.musicplus.us/online-store/

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I link the logo.gif back to the site's actual index.htm page instead of st

tpl_header.php:
    HTML Code:
        <div id="logo"><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    To tell Zen Cart to point to something other than your store, replace the highlighted code with the actual URL you want it to point to. When you make your edit, it will look like any other <a href="http://yoursite.com"> link you'd put in any standard html file.

Of course, you won't have the need to do any of this if Zen Cart *is* your site, instead of just being bolted on as an addition to your site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I link the logo.gif back to the site's actual index.htm page instead of st

That's exactly what I needed, thanks! I was looking in the wrong section for the file, I thought it would be in with the specific template files.

They're a small family-owned company...and while ZenCart makes an excellent vehicle for selling products, it just doesn't add that small-town personal touch that a regular website can. That's why they asked me to do the shopping cart as an add-on. Actually nearly all my clients have requested the same thing...but then again, I live in a small-town area, so maybe that's why.

Thanks again, you're the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart doesn't have to have an "impersonal" look and feel... you can make the entire site in ZC and give it whatever layout and style you want. Both sites in my sig are pure Zen Cart (except for the blog link in the festival site). You could even make it look like a 1999 HTML page if you really wanted to:)
    You can use as many ez-pages and define pages as you like to add neighborly front-end content to ZC without compromising the business functions.

Plugin Contributions

I guess I need to learn more about ZenCart to be able to do that. :-) Thanks for letting me know the option was available!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I tried to use this same trick for another site I'm working on, http://www.debrasglasscraft.com/gallery/. This time it didn't work. I changed the includes\templates\sophyblue\common\tpl_header.php and the includes\templates\template_default\common\tpl_header.php, and uploaded them both. The Home link at the top still says http://www.debrasglasscraft.com/gallery/ when it should say http://www.debrasglasscraft.com/. (So does the bottom, but I haven't even started to address that problem yet.) Is there another tpl_header.php file that I should be looking for instead?

Also, following several people's advice, I've tried to use the Firefox Developer Tools. I right-clicked on the Home link, and selected Inspect Element. I figured out how to make the change, by double-clicking on the link down in the box. But there doesn't appear to be any way to save what I've done. I close out the Developer by clicking the X in the upper right corner, which seems to be the only way to do it...and when I reload the page, the url is back to the original again. Obviously I'm missing some crucial step here...could someone please help me with this?

Oh, and can I use this to center the logo inside the header jpg? Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Browser tools have no way to actually change the files on your server - if they did, anybody could hack up your site. You have to download and edit the PHP and CSS files from your server, then upload them again using FTP. You can use the developer tools to identify the changes to make, and possibly to save a copy so you have a reference to work from (I haven't done that myself).

Plugin Contributions

That makes a whole lot of sense...and if I'd been thinking clearly, I would have realized that. See what happens when I don't get enough coffee??

Any ideas on the two issues I mentioned above? Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Any /template_default/ file should not be altered from stock; if it is necessary to edit its code, the edited version should always be uploaded to the active custom template folder equivalent.
    If there is already a custom template version of a file, that will always be used by Zen Cart instead of the /template_default/ version, and any edits to the /template_default/ version will be ignored. You must make your edits to the custom template version instead. I can't tell you why your edits failed, except that they may not have uploaded to the correct place.

Plugin Contributions

One thing I don't think anyone mentioned is that if someone is shopping, has items in the cart and clicks the link taking him/her OUT of the Zen Cart portion of the site, the Zen Cart session ID and cart are likely to be lost and the user will have to start shopping all over again.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast