Plugin Contributions

Default *[Done v1.6.0] "Failed to initialize storage module: memcache"

I have been trying to insall for the past 3 hours and am puzzled.

I uploaded all the files and tried to install. I got the screen telling me that a few things were unwritable...went through the list and chmodded them right and renamed the config files/chmodded them

tried to have it check and that is all she wrote. All I get is a blank page and the cache folder has this to say:

Code:
    [18-Oct-2012 18:17:43] PHP Fatal error:  session_start() [function.session-start]: Failed to initialize storage module: memcache (path: /xxxxxxxx/public/www/teststore/cache) in /xxxxxxx/public/www/teststore/zc_install/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 92
    Now right now the folder is called teststore...but I have since the first two times changed the folder name....deleted the files and folder and remade a new one with fresh files.

it does no good to rename, delete files, reup fresh ones cause this error comes back no matter what

Can someone tell me what I am doing--rather not doing?

oh and the blank page occurs in Firefox, chrome give me the page is either misconfigured or busy

I have also tried with a totally blank configure.php file and with just the renamed one to no avail

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.1 fresh install--won't go

See if you can get the host to disable "memcache" for storage of session data.

Alternatively you might changing "zc_install/includes/functions/sessions.php" and "includes/functions/sessions.php" as follows:
    Code:
      function zen_session_save_path($path = '') {
        if (!empty($path)) {
          return session_save_path($path);
        } else {
          return session_save_path();
        }
      }
    to:
    Code:
      function zen_session_save_path($path = '') {
        if (!empty($path) && @ini_get('session.save_handler') != 'memcache') {
          return session_save_path($path);
        } else {
          return session_save_path();
        }
      }
    I have not tested these changes. They should tell Zen Cart's functions to not change the session.save_path if memcache is being used for sessions.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It would be interesting to know who the hosting company is, and which hosting plan you're using in this case.
    Also, is this a VPS or your own server?
    And do you have control over the master php.ini settings?
    PHP version?

It's a little unusual to have a server-wide setting being set to memcached, especially since it generally requires special server PHP compile settings to activate that on the server. So, it would be helpful to know more about the hosting environment.

You initially posted this in the "Installing on a Windows Server" section. But your error message looks more like linux. So it's unclear what hosting platform you're actually using.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

BTW, lhungil's suggestion will work in the meantime.

Only applicable to "zc_install/includes/functions/sessions.php".
    No need to touch the other one, since the rest of the system explicitly sets the session handler, effectively overriding memcache as a default.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to you both...funny thing is this test store is giving the problem...we are trying to see if all her mods are ready for this version.

host is smartyhost web hosting not sure about server since their pages are sooooo differently set up than the usual c-panels...lol no access to ph.ini either. looking at the php info from backend of store it is Linux and memcache is activated.

so I shall attack the file with edits...thanks.