Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP Fatal error:1062:Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 'PRIMARY'

oh........can I backup what I have then uninstall zencart then reinstall and restore or will that simply copy the problem back ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're talking about backing up everything you see in your admin, then yes a reinstall will wipe that out, and doing a backup and restore will bring that problem back.

Remember: Zen Cart consists of TWO parts: 1: the database, and 2: the PHP files (plus images, css, js, etc files).

As long as you've not installed any plugins that do any database changes, and you know what settings you customized in your admin, the running zc_install to rebuild a fresh clean database will let you start over. You could then redo any SQL changes required by your plugins and redo any admin settings configurations, entering products/categories, etc.

And of course you SHOULD do a database backup (and files backup) beforehand anyway, "just in case". When in doubt, always make a backup first. Doesn't mean you need to ever restore it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok then, I will work on this, where does zen cart save the .php files for main pages and the product pages so I can just copy and paste my descriptions ?

thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those are in the database.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok, I reinstalled it and its bare bones again but it all works 100% again, I will take it step by step and anything I install or modify I will verify that it still functions properly.

Thank you for your time and help !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12