Plugin Contributions

Default Agree to Terms and Conditions on checkout

Hi

I have allowed this in my admin, but there are two issues:

a) options are for customers to agree to privacy and or/ terms but I would like to change the options for customers to consent to e.g. 'terms of sale' & not 'conditions of use' or 'privacy'

b) the page customers see (terms at checkout ) has duplicated (top version without header & bottom with header & 'back' button option)

any suggestions?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Agree to Terms and Conditions on checkout

a) You can change the name 'Conditions of Use' to 'Terms of Sale' by editing that define in english.php.

b) We'll need to see the site to advise.

Plugin Contributions

I have checked the file: English.php and checked the actual file names and files are correct on the server:

conditions.php= conditions of use
    terms.php = terms of sale

this is the site (just remove the underscores) peachy_swag_.net

the lay out is wrong as a) the checkout shows the page twice & b) needs to show the 'terms of sale' not 'conditions of use'.
    However the english.php file seems to be correct:

PHP Code:
    define('ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED''Please select a payment method for your order.');

define('ERROR_TERMS_NOT_ACCEPTED''Please confirm the terms and conditions bound to this order by ticking the box below.');

define('ERROR_PRIVACY_STATEMENT_NOT_ACCEPTED''Please confirm the privacy statement by ticking the box below.'); 
    But the checkout page still shows the ‘CONDITIONS of USE’.

Is there another location which may be still calling up the ‘CONDITIONS of USE’?
    It may be of use to note that my terms of sale are not on the store footer links, but is part of a table of contents under the conditions of use page. Not sure if that is causing the problem!

thanks

Plugin Contributions

I guess I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do. The Conditions of Use page can be renamed if you want to Terms of Sale by editing english.php, lines 135 and 164 and editing includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php.

I don't know why you added all the terms text a second time to what is now the Conditions of Use page. The link on the payment page goes right to the proper page.

Some advice you didn't ask for: unless a link on the payment page is required where you do business, forget this whole idea. Nobody is going to read that wall of text anyway.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

it took me a minute to figure it out, I has put the scripts in too many places: template & ez page causing duplications. So I removed the script from the template and added it to the define pages editor and problem solved.

I get what you mean, that having it at checkout and the TOC seems a little OTT ... so for now I have disabled to checkout confirmation.

Thanks for the feed back

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Some advice you didn't ask for:
    please could you give any more insight about my site please? as I tried my best to customise the TM, but you seem to have a good eye.
    I'm getting clicks via adword's but not any sales yet. Would you buy a bag from my site (as a gift to someone special of course!).

I am yet to configure the 'ty package tracker' (poss due to phpmyadmin 'maxrow' contraints), want to install a 'menu filter by attributes'. Also my comodo padlock is showing a weird hyperlink saying 'SSL' instead of the logo. Would these prevent conversions or are there even more issues that I cannot discern ...

cheers

Plugin Contributions

No, I wouldn't buy from you, as I would never buy any sort of fashion stuff for 'someone special' unless she pointed at a specific product and said, 'buy me that'.

The site is OK, but there are a few things:

Your second slider image still contains the default Lorem Ipsum text, which suggests to me the site isn't finished.

In the navEZ pages top, the 'products' in New products should be capitalized, and the Trendin should either be Trending (my choice) or Trendin'.

Get rid of the silly right-click blocker. You won't stop anyone from copying your content, and it makes it more difficult for us to view your source and help with problems like the 'Done, but with errors on page' message in IE8 (ironically caused by the right-click thing).

Most importantly (and I tend to be a lone voice crying in the wilderness on this), your header image is properly small, but then you added a slider which uses images that are 507 pixels high, forcing your visitors to scroll down to see that stuff you want to sell them, if they realize it's there at all. Sliders that don't offer me, the customer, any useful information shouldn't be there, IMO.

I haven't used the Package Tracker mod, so I can't advise about that. If I get a minute, I'll take a look at it.

Plugin Contributions

hi

thanks for your response, So far I have:

*Edited the 'lorem ipsum' out of the image (with permission!)
    *Fixed the Trendin' spelling, the reason I had spelled it that way was actually due to the templates annoying fluid navigation tab, which goes out of sync if I don't used a fixed amount of total words in the navigation bar. ...
    *I have removed right click blocker.
    *Re: the header image & slider: I want to keep the slider, but may be reduce the size of it as it is half the page, and my goods are hidden as you observed. Do you know how to reduce the overall size of the page, so scrolling down is necessary while keeping the same layout?

cheers

Meepy12 ...