I have been reading and trying to understand the upgrading tutorials for days now. I have come to the conclusion that I must be one of the dumbest people on the face of the planet. My coronary system is going to need an upgrade soon too. Perhaps I can find a "3-easy-steps" tutorial for that too.

Here is what I donīt understand:

1) I have compared the original 1.3.8a files with my working files and made a list of files that contain differences. I donīt understand how this list is going to help me because I donīt have the ability to determine what changes I should carry over to 1.5 and what changes I should not.

... So, assuming that I just ignore all those changes and use the unchanged files from 1.5, I am still stuck with the next problem...

2) It will take me hundreds of hours to go through my override system and search out all the language files and template files and what not, that I have changed over the years, and incorporate those changes into my new 1.5 file system. I donīt even know where to start. The whole system is totally overwhelming.

For years I have been reading that the override system will make upgrading easier. I must be totally missing something because the way I see it, the override system makes things more time consuming. Since all of the language files that I have changed are now in the override system, it is more difficult to compare them to the fresh language files in 1.5.

I guess this is something that I can accomplish in about 300 to 500 hours. Is that the normal expected upgrade manpower requirement?

... Then what about the files that are modified through the define pages editor, and what about the extra define pages that I have added?

As you can probably tell, I am totally dumbfounded and overwhelmed by the quantity of work. If I am really not getting something, I would really appreciate some helpful tips. Thanks.