Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dropship Core [Support Thread]

A couple of questions. This support forum hasn't had a response from lhungil since 2013. I've modifying the advanced shipper module for some time. This was for clients that had purchased the mod from Conor. I just had a client that had not purchased the mod from Conor order it from JSWeb. I knew about the annual subscription and link to a particular site but was not aware of the fact that they have protected the complete source. This means that I can no longer extend the mod to allow additional shipping methods. In this case Freightquote. This Dropship Core seemed like it might be worth exploring but I don't want to invest the time going in this direction if this mod is going to die a premature death.
    Will this mod work with 1.5.3 and 4?
    This is still listed as an active project by lhungil. Is it really? Is there a newer release available?
    Are there any additional carriers available besides the sample UPS? I need Fedex for this client.

Plugin Contributions

my version of advanced shipper has freightquote incorporated into it.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Jimmie. I suppose that's an option since technically they're now licensed. I could install the 5.02 version instead of the new version from JSWeb (v6). I'm not sure if I still have a copy of your files that included freightquote. I just finished installing the dropship core on a fresh install of 1.5.4 and except for a missing function in general.php it installed fine. The included sample code for UPS also worked. I've opened a ticket with JSWeb to see if they'll let me have the source for v6 so I can add freightquote to it. I might just take a crack at adding it to the dropship core instead and make it available here.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    ...This Dropship Core seemed like it might be worth exploring but I don't want to invest the time going in this direction if this mod is going to die a premature death. ...
    While not dead, this project is very stagnant. There are some upstream code changes (partially funded by two companies). I'd consider the upstream changes to be somewhere between alpha and beta stage as the changes were specific to the business practices of the two companies (and not generalized or vetted for alternative shipping flows and vendors).

... Are there any additional carriers available besides the sample UPS? I need Fedex for this client. ...
    As for shipping modules built upon DropShip Core, I've seen little interest from others in extending existing shipping modules to support DropShip Core... So right now the only shipping modules are ones I have written for UPS (the example UPS module - supporting international, dimensions, multiple different origin points in one order, negotiated rates, etc) and for YRC Freight (cannot be publicly distributed due to NDAs - but you can contact me directly and provide proof you have signed an NDA with YRC Freight).

... I might just take a crack at adding it to the dropship core instead and make it available here.
    I would welcome such a contribution! The more working shipping modules, the better! If you want to work on this, I can make the upstream PRE-RELEASE / UN-VETTED version of DropShip Core available to you. I'd recommend working off the PRE-RELEASE, simply because there were a number of advantageous changes to the database structure. Yes I am working on an "upgrade path", but I suspect it would be easier to just start clean using the PRE-RELEASE (if developing a new shipping module / code).

... Will this mod work with 1.5.3 and 4? ...
    I have the upstream versions running in Zen Cart 1.5.1, 1.5.2-BETA, and 1.5.3 (yes I know, on the todo list to convince the store owners to upgrade). Installation does require manual merging at this time. While I have not personally tried installing on Zen Cart 1.5.4, it SHOULD work with manual merging.
    Last edited by lhungil; 19 Aug 2015 at 09:25 PM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

PM sent lhingil

Plugin Contributions

work with manual merging

I am a new zen cart user. I am interested in what this plugin does. But could some point me to where manual merging is explained in detail? I have a printing co and some of my items are shipped directly from outside vendors. My assumption is that this plug in will allow me to set UPS ground shipping from the location of my supplier.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DB Model for next release

ok im starting to feel like a moron. Im trying to install this and I think I know how to read. in the readme file it states:

f you haven't made changes to Zen Cart. Overwrite the
    files (including directory paths) from
    "1_affected_files_<version>/includes" to your Zen Cart
    installation under "/includes"

1_affected_files_<version>/includes doesnt exist in the download package

if I skip that and continue I can no longer access admin

what am I dong wrong?????

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234