Plugin Contributions

Default index.php editing

Hey guys
    I was trying to edit some of the text colours on the main page of my site.

Well i totally lost the site but have been able to get it back but now i do not have my welcome message displayed and the boxes and fonts seem to be larger and it is all left aligned instead of centered.

i forgot to back up before i started to edit

can anyone help me get back to where i was ?

my site is www.dcoffroad.com.au

The section of the index.php looks like this :

</head>
    <body>
    <p>/includes/languages/english/index.php</strong />'); // Showcase vs Store if (STORE_STATUS == '0') { define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', ''); } else { define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.'); } define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Hello <span class="greetUser">%s</span>! Would you like to see our <a href="%s">newest additions</a>?'); define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Define your main Index page copy here.'); //moved to english //define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS','Featured Products'); //define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s'); //define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products'); //define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected'); if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (zen_check_url_get_terms()) ) { // This section deals with product-listing page contents define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Available Products'); define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', 'Product Image'); define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name'); define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer'); define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price'); define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight'); define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.'); define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: '); define('TEXT_SHOW', 'Filter Results by:'); define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \''); define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now'); define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories'); define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers'); } elseif ($category_depth == 'top') { // This section deals with the &quot;home&quot; page at the top level with no options/products selected /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/ define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to DC Offroad. <br />We are based in Western Australia and supply the Australian public the world popular RZ MASK<br /><br />Check back regular for updates and new designs. '); } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') { // This section deals with displaying a subcategory /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/ define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Welcome to DC Offroad. </p><p>We are based in Western Australia and supply the Australian public the world popular RZ MASK<br />Check back regular for updates and new designs.'); } ?&gt;</p></body></html>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: index.php editing

Okay I'm fairly new to Zen Cart however I do believe you need to be looking at the CSS files, stored in your directory and not editing any PHP files. I hope that helps anyway.

Plugin Contributions

For changing colors and other styling, you do not touch any PHP files; that is what the stylesheet is for.
    How did you get
    Code:
    </head>
    <body>
    <p>/includes/languages/english/index.php</strong />');
    in index.php? That should not be there in any form. Did you try to insert an HTML document?
    The homepage text should be edited in Tools > Define Pages Editor > define_main_page.php.

You need to get an untouched copy of that index.php file and restore it so that you can start over.

Plugin Contributions

Remove everything you added above the line that begins with Doctype and it'll return to where you started. You can't use WYSIWYG editors like Xinha wirth PHP-based programs.
    Last edited by stevesh; 25 Oct 2012 at 04:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You need to get an untouched copy of that index.php file and restore it so that you can start over.
    Can anyone help out with this? where would i find a untouched copy?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

For working on your ZC store you really need to have a full ZC file set, which you get by clicking the Download Now button on the home page of this site. (Use the Home button above to get to it.) Unzip what you download and keep it handy for situations like this. Find the file in there that you need and FTP it into your site files.

You should also keep a full backup of your site on your local hard drive. Then if you wish, you can make your edits locally on those files and FTP the changed file to your site.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

You should also keep a full backup of your site on your local hard drive. Then if you wish, you can make your edits locally on those files and FTP the changed file to your site.
    This is always good practice, whether you have a test/development installation of your site on your home computer or not. If you make all file edits on your home computer first and then FTP them to your site, you will always have an up-to-date backup in case of catastrophe on your site. (You still need to back up your database regularly.)