Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Testimonial Manager Support Thread (for ZC v1.5.x)

Getting following error:

PHP Fatal error: 1327:Undeclared variable: MAX_DISPLAY_TESTIMONIALS_MANAGER_TITLES

This is located in includes/modules/sideboxes/testimonals_manager.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tmccaff View Post
    Getting following error:

PHP Fatal error: 1327:Undeclared variable: MAX_DISPLAY_TESTIMONIALS_MANAGER_TITLES

This is located in includes/modules/sideboxes/testimonals_manager.php
    It would appear that the portion of the installation to set the configuration menu option has not been performed. Please see the instructions for installation or search this thread for the sql query to add that to the store.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

v1.5.5f PHP7.1

I am confused (I am easily confused these days) about the intention of the Meta_Tags optional code shown in the README Install - even after reading posts #152-154 and #159-161. I am getting the same ' symptom' as the poster in post #159 ... browser for testimonials page shows META_TAG_TITLE_PAGE_TESTIMONIALS_MANAGER ... followed by testimonial title

So in post #153 DrByte said it appeared the plugin wasn't set up to accommodate meta_tags so I can only assume the add in code in the rREADME negates that comment? Y/N?

If so is the code supposed to automatically extract the title of the testimonial and make it the meta_title of that testimonial (and so on for description) or is it such that the meta data is to be manually inputted into (? file) and is such that it applies to the page (or pages) that the testimonials are on in the site? i.e. the title, description and keywords apply to the testimonial page, not to the testimonials?

The README states (save the edited file to includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php and upload to your server.) - it didn't suggest that the modified file be re-loaded into where it cane from, includes/modules/meta_tags.php ......... is that assumed? should it also be re-loaded back into that folder?

Post #160 mentions modifications to includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php

So I am wondering exactly how the meta_tags works

cheers,
    Mike

p.s. I reckon this is a great add on - not sure why it has taken me so long to apply it

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Post #160 mentions modifications to includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php
    Working on a massive update to this mod and figured out your question too..

the meta tag language needs to be defined in includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php
    the two line to add to the bottom of that file are..
    Code:
    // Testimonial manager meta tags change to your  
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_PAGE_TESTIMONIALS_MANAGER_ALL_TESTIMONIALS', 'Testimonials at ' . STORE_NAME . ' '); 
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_PAGE_TESTIMONIALS_MANAGER', 'Testimonials at ' . STORE_NAME . ' ');
    This makes use of what you defined as your store name.. the meta tag file is in the default folder, just copy to your template folder and edit if you did not do that already..

Code:
    This is some good info, in the eyes of Google...
    https://www.wordstream.com/meta-tags
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Hi all;

Thanks for your great addons. I was wondering about, are customers allowed to upload an image when they post a testimonials? if so, I should be blind because i couldnt find the option to enable it.
    where can I enable it if there is a upload image feature for this Addons?

my system as below :

Zencart 1.5.5f fresh installation
    server PHP version 7.1
    Testimonial plugin version 1.5.4

Thanks
    Last edited by probtc; 21 Nov 2018 at 12:25 PM. Reason: misspelling

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by probtc View Post
    Hi all;

Thanks for your great addons. I was wondering about, are customers allowed to upload an image when they post a testimonials? if so, I should be blind because i couldnt find the option to enable it.
    where can I enable it if there is a upload image feature for this Addons?

my system as below :

Zencart 1.5.5f fresh installation
    server PHP version 7.1
    Testimonial plugin version 1.5.4

Thanks
    Currently.. no abilities to upload an image.... There was some crossing with this one and link manager somewhere... currently, working on a replacement and considering doing the image upload.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Working on a massive update to this mod and figured out your question too..

the meta tag language needs to be defined in includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php
    the two line to add to the bottom of that file are..
    Code:
    // Testimonial manager meta tags change to your  
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_PAGE_TESTIMONIALS_MANAGER_ALL_TESTIMONIALS', 'Testimonials at ' . STORE_NAME . ' '); 
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_PAGE_TESTIMONIALS_MANAGER', 'Testimonials at ' . STORE_NAME . ' ');
    This makes use of what you defined as your store name.. the meta tag file is in the default folder, just copy to your template folder and edit if you did not do that already..

Code:
    This is some good info, in the eyes of Google...
    https://www.wordstream.com/meta-tags
    Thanks for that Dave, much appreciated. So tell me, does Google take any notice of Testimonials? if so are they treated in the same way as they do with Product Reviews? .... or are Testimonials simply a marketing tool?

Looking forward to your updated version.

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Thanks for that Dave, much appreciated. So tell me, does Google take any notice of Testimonials? if so are they treated in the same way as they do with Product Reviews? .... or are Testimonials simply a marketing tool?

Looking forward to your updated version.

cheers, Mike
    Its been debated on the net like so many other things... I've been tracking hits form search bots pulling both product reviews and testimonials so good content always helps... If you google a product name review and that product review is on the first page of the search... I would say it helps..

I have a working version on my site and was about to push up to github, but found some more wording issues to fix and started adding more to it.....
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

I have a working version on my site and was about to push up to github, but found some more wording issues to fix and started adding more to it.....
    If your interested I pushed.. https://github.com/davesaddle/Testimonial-Manager

What is the desire on image uploads.. Avatars or products??

I know on some sites products are displayed by users. Basically to add with the product reviews..

After going around and about with html5/jQuery and coming up with some really cool upload scripts, I decide to skip uploads and use a avatar picker... Was not an issue with uploading, but a desire to sale vs blogging...

Still working on some things..
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

If your interested I pushed.. https://github.com/davesaddle/Testimonial-Manager

What is the desire on image uploads.. Avatars or products??

I know on some sites products are displayed by users. Basically to add with the product reviews..

After going around and about with html5/jQuery and coming up with some really cool upload scripts, I decide to skip uploads and use a avatar picker... Was not an issue with uploading, but a desire to sale vs blogging...

Still working on some things..
    Hi Dave, good job - if you are still looking for input I would think product images would be more appropriate to an eCommerce site - IMHO avatars are more suited to forums and blogs
    I assume the site owner can add the image of the product to the customers testimonial, right?

cheers,
    Mike

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast