Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Testimonial Manager Support Thread (for ZC v1.5.x)

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi Dave, good job - if you are still looking for input I would think product images would be more appropriate to an eCommerce site - IMHO avatars are more suited to forums and blogs
    I assume the site owner can add the image of the product to the customers testimonial, right?

cheers,
    Mike
    Avatars can be eye catching.. many big box eCommerce sites use them and give the ability of account holders to add there own, like amaz0n. which wouldn't be that hard to do.

I don't think site owners should have to do anything with image uploads was the path I was headed! With code, images can be sized, stripped and file typed before uploading securely..

updated and pushed up to gethub... the EXIF Metadata Information is stripped out of jpg's, sized, renamed during upload.. all the image work is done in the user browser before sending to the server..

Still have some testing to do... so far tested with ZC 155f, 156, 160, php7.2 and 7.1 only using HTML5 browsers both android and ios..
    Last edited by davewest; 10 Dec 2018 at 08:24 PM.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Testimonial Manager Support Thread (for ZC v1.5.x)

Davewest, I've started updating your beta on GitHub, if you've got more to add I'll wait, if not we will test and publish the next release to the forum shortly for 1.55f compatibility.

For those using the current Beta Testimonials Manager version 2.1 on GitHub...

Bug - This lookup has been shorted from the original (Assumed Testimonials Manager for 1.55e) and will not install correctly out of the box as a result in 1.55f.

includes/modules/pages/testimonials_add/header_php.php
    replace line 242
    $sql = "SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " WHERE c.customers_id = :customersID ";

with this:
    $sql = "SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c WHERE c.customers_id = :customersID ";
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Davewest, I've started updating your beta on GitHub, if you've got more to add I'll wait, if not we will test and publish the next release to the forum shortly for 1.55f compatibility.

For those using the current Beta Testimonials Manager version 2.1 on GitHub...

Bug - This lookup has been shorted from the original (Assumed Testimonials Manager for 1.55e) and will not install correctly out of the box as a result in 1.55f.

includes/modules/pages/testimonials_add/header_php.php
    replace line 242
    $sql = "SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " WHERE c.customers_id = :customersID ";

with this:
    $sql = "SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c WHERE c.customers_id = :customersID ";
    The c. is not needed at all and came from another mod that I was working on more then likely.. That line should read..
    Code:
      $sql = "SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " WHERE customers_id = :customersID "; 

$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':customersID', $_SESSION['customer_id'], 'integer'); 
      $check_customer = $db->Execute($sql);
    The entire mod was re-work for ZC156 release and php7.3 just not had time to finish testing and push it up...

I take it you don't get the gethub process of cooperation or bata testing than!!
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Testimonial Manager Support Thread (for ZC v1.5.x)

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    The c. is not needed at all and came from another mod that I was working on more then likely.. That line should read..
    Code:
      $sql = "SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " WHERE customers_id = :customersID "; 

$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':customersID', $_SESSION['customer_id'], 'integer'); 
      $check_customer = $db->Execute($sql);
    The entire mod was re-work for ZC156 release and php7.3 just not had time to finish testing and push it up...

I take it you don't get the gethub process of cooperation or bata testing than!!
    Davewest, I'm interested in publishing a working 1.55f version for the Zen Cart Forum within a short period of time so that clients have a working copy for 1.55f.

Considering that the current forum version is not functioning out of the box on 1.55f nor does the recommended GitHub version you have provided that thankfully cleans up a lot of the files... but also does not work out of the GitHub box - I updated both the Zen Cart Forum and GitHub so that anyone using the beta has access to the fix... with the intent to further support using the now working 1.55f beta.

Your fix above ^ implies the lookup won't have other things to look for in the future, mine declares the first group (c) in case another group is worth looking through - same result it just depends on your needs moving forward.

I simply have a client that needs a stable 1.55f version for their shop and I intend to share one with the group in the process.

There is no need for me to interfere with anything ZC 1.56 related at this time - so those files and anything you'd like to add will not be affected.

'Tic Toc I'm On The Clock!'
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

We are still on version 1.5.2 and ZC 1.50, lately I am getting spam testimonials from registered customers, I think these are paid people that create account and put spam testimonials, I am having a hard time finding the customer that wrote the testimonials so that I could block him/her from logging in to the account.

I think it would great if there was a way to hide the email address box/field when I require testimonials be written for registered customers, this would help me great deal finding the spam customer by email address. Currently, the Spam Customers fills in a bogus email address in the field which makes it difficult finding him without going into the database or doing searches by name etc.

see attached image.

Name:  Screenshot 2019-02-22 11.58.05.png
Views: 118
Size:  20.0 KB

Can someone help me change the code?

Thanx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Coins2012 View Post
    We are still on version 1.5.2 and ZC 1.50, lately I am getting spam testimonials from registered customers, I think these are paid people that create account and put spam testimonials, I am having a hard time finding the customer that wrote the testimonials so that I could block him/her from logging in to the account.

I think it would great if there was a way to hide the email address box/field when I require testimonials be written for registered customers, this would help me great deal finding the spam customer by email address. Currently, the Spam Customers fills in a bogus email address in the field which makes it difficult finding him without going into the database or doing searches by name etc.

see attached image.

Name:  Screenshot 2019-02-22 11.58.05.png
Views: 118
Size:  20.0 KB

Can someone help me change the code?

Thanx
    You can try adding read only to the input field... if the user is not logged in, they would not have an email address or option to add one.. if the spam is from bots, there is no code on the back end to stop them..

Code:
    <?php echo (($error == true && $entry_email_error == true) ? zen_draw_input_field('testimonials_mail', $testimonials_mail, 'size="25" id="testimonials_mail" readonly') . ERROR_TESTIMONIALS_EMAIL_REQUIRED : zen_draw_input_field('testimonials_mail', $testimonials_mail, 'size="25" id="testimonials_mail" readonly')); ?>
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

I would say, let them enter what they want to enter and when the header_php.php file processes the request that if the user is logged in to attach the email or whatever desired information is to be kept to track the individual (customer id, email address, name, whatever) with the information being saved. This way they can try to provide some sort of information that they may prefer, but could also capture the known information.

The check for logged in could be if (!empty($_SESSION['customer_id']))

Just a thought because then real people could put in something that may want instead of their on file information and those that are putting in false information could be identified and there wouldn't be an impact on legitimate entries just those entries that may be fictitious.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I would say, let them enter what they want to enter and when the header_php.php file processes the request that if the user is logged in to attach the email or whatever desired information is to be kept to track the individual (customer id, email address, name, whatever) with the information being saved. This way they can try to provide some sort of information that they may prefer, but could also capture the known information.

The check for logged in could be if (!empty($_SESSION['customer_id']))

Just a thought because then real people could put in something that may want instead of their on file information and those that are putting in false information could be identified and there wouldn't be an impact on legitimate entries just those entries that may be fictitious.
    Customer info gathering for account holders is just a nice part of having an account... The read only is just a band-aid on a very old version of TM and changing email addresses could be their attempt not to post identifiable info to prevent there address from receiving spam!

But..
    spam testimonials from registered customers, I think these are paid people that create account and put spam testimonials, I am having a hard time finding the customer that wrote the testimonials
    We could add an extra hidden field to admin with the true account email or user ID into the database maybe. Currently the user ID is not added, but we also offer same use to none account holders! Well have to play with this idea some more....

Also thinking back I should have some help info tags here so they know email address is not publicly posted....
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Thing I was getting at is that anything that is $_POSTed is editable prior to the page being sent.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Thing I was getting at is that anything that is $_POSTed is editable prior to the page being sent.
    True... which is why I started working on a filter for the address field.
    Dave

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast