Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Payments STANDARD: Order Info Not Sent To Bank

OK, Ive been having a problem that I have not been able to figure out for over two weeks and its really really getting on my nerves.

I am using ZenCart v1.5.1 on a GoDaddy hosted site with Paypal Payments Standard. (I know this is the Express forum, but I didnt see one for Standard). I am attempting a test transaction with the card module, and everything works fine up until step three, "Pay Now". Upon clicking that I get the following error:

"The PayPal site is currently experiencing technical difficulties with our credit card processor. We are working to solve this problem as quickly as possible. Please return to the PayPal website later to complete your transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

"At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Everlasting Flames and try another option."

And it takes me back to step two. There is no provided error number. I worked through things with Paypal and they said everything was working on their end just fine and all of my settings were correct. However, when I walked through it with the bank my card is for (Bank of America) that the bank was not even receiving an attempt at placing the order. They had no idea I had even tried to use the card, whereas Paypal had told me that the bank was declining it.

The card I am using is not the one attached to the paypal account in use. Why is this happening?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Payments STANDARD: Order Info Not Sent To Bank

That error message came from PayPal, and not from Zen Cart.

Thus, the only source who can explain the actual cause of the error message would be PayPal.

Why are you using Standard anyway? Express is far more reliable, and offers the customer the same experience.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.