Plugin Contributions

Default CEON URI Mapping

I have this installed on my site about a year ago and noticed it isn't auto generating URL for new products and categories

Module Version 3.2.4

In the module config, I have the first option box ticked

Should the option to auto-generate URIs be offered in the admin for Categories/Products/Manufacturers/EZ-Pages?
    Generated URIs are based on their Category Names/Product Names/Manufacturer Names/EZ-Page Titles. For Products/Categories the full Category Path is used.

When I go into a product or category the module at the bottom is ticked as default

URI Mapping:

Tick this box to have the URI auto-generated for this category.
    Please Note: The existing mapping will be replaced by an auto-generated URI if this box is ticked!

However, the problem is that it isn't generating an automatic SEO friendly page title until i simply open the category and click save . I do not need to untick or retick anything just open and save that category of products.

I have about 300 categories and do not want to go into each one just to do this. Is there a work around ?

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CEON URI Mapping

Keep in mind I do not use this module, but quickly found the following by searching the Zen Cart forums and internet (so it may not be 100% accurate).

If you import data for categories and products into your database and use CEON URI Mappings It appears you have two main options to create URLs for the imported data.
    1. Go by hand through each and every product and category and click save to update the URLs.
    2. Purchase the CEON URI Mappings Manager to automatically generate URLs with a couple clicks.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Keep in mind I do not use this module, but quickly found the following by searching the Zen Cart forums and internet (so it may not be 100% accurate).

If you import data for categories and products into your database and use CEON URI Mappings It appears you have two main options to create URLs for the imported data.
    1. Go by hand through each and every product and category and click save to update the URLs.
    2. Purchase the CEON URI Mappings Manager to automatically generate URLs with a couple clicks.

Those are the choices. Purchasing the CEON URI Mappings Manager and having it installed was well worth the money in the time it saved me.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ill get in touch with the developers as thye installed it for me so have no control over the set up options