Plugin Contributions

cart error Free Shipping items do not register a weight.

Hello,

I plan on offering free shipping for certain items within the continental United States, however when customers outside the continental US try to order these items, even though a weight is set, there is no weight registering with the other shipping modules, UPS, USPS, etc. Can I still offer free shipping for certain items and have the cart pass the weight for free shipping items to the shipping modules?

I did some searching for this and didn't come up with anything, any help would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping items do not register a weight.

You may wish to peek at this thread to show you how to utilize Always Free Shipping with weight set for other shipping modules so that they can work correctly ...

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-free-shipping

See if that helps you sort things out ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply. I tried the suggested solution and it didn't seem to have an effect on the weight that the cart passes to USPS. I think all items are still registering at 1lb. Any other ideas?

Plugin Contributions

If your Products have weights set on them and they are marked as Always Free Shipping ... then using the code posted will work ...

What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am using a heavily modified and security patched 1.3.7. I pasted the appropriate code into place and I was not able to get a shipping quote to calculate for more than one pound.

Plugin Contributions

I have not used that version in a long time it is so ancient, buggy and insecure ...

I am not sure off the top of my head what changes might be needed, if any ...

You might try checking the code changes again and make sure that none are missed ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have triple checked my code now and was unable to get any free shipping items to register a weight with any other shipping module. The code is in there in the right places, but has no effect. No many how many free shipping items I put in my cart, the shipping quote comes back at exactly the same amount. Do you know who I might get in contact with to get something like this straightened out? We would really like to offer our customers free shipping, however customers who want to pay for the non-free shipping service are not charging correctly and it is causing problems with customers trying to order using expedited shipping.

If you would be willing to take a look at our code we'd be happy to make a donation in the amount of your choosing if that is acceptable.

Thanks again!