Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Numinix Pinterest Add On Support Thread

I installed this for a client but the return url from Pinterest was not working. It was encoded wrong. Others have posted with the same problem.

Here is the fix. Edit tpl_modules_pin_it_button.php

Replace the following starting at line 27:

<div id="pinitButton" style="display: inline-block; vertical-align: top;">
    <a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=<?php echo urlencode($piniturl); ?>&description=<?php echo urlencode($pinit_name); ?>&media=<?php echo urlencode($pinit_image); ?>" id="PinItButton" class="pin-it-button" count-layout="<?php echo PINTEREST_BUTTON_COUNT; ?>">Pin It</a>

with this:

<?php
    $piniturl = urlencode($piniturl);
    $piniturl = str_replace('amp%3B', '', $piniturl);
    ?>
    <a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=<?php echo $piniturl; ?>&description=<?php echo urlencode($pinit_name); ?>&media=<?php echo urlencode($pinit_image); ?>" id="PinItButton" class="pin-it-button" count-layout="<?php echo PINTEREST_BUTTON_COUNT; ?>">Pin It</a>

Plugin Contributions

Deleted
    Last edited by mikeel100; 29 Jul 2014 at 01:01 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    If you have installed version 1.2.2 or before of this mod, you have deleted configuration group 0. Please download version 1.3 of this mod and run sql_patches/fix_config_0.sql in admin->tools->Install SQL Patches.

If you have installed this mod and cannot see admin->configuration->Pinterest Pin It Button Configuration, please download version 1.2.2 of this mod and run the uninstall.sql script in admin->tools->install SQL Patches, then download the current version and rerun the install.sql script.
    The install.sql script is missing in the current / latest download. Can I use the 1.2.2 install.sql? Thanks.

I tried installing the latest package per your instructions and didn't have any options available in admin for the Pinterest button.

Plugin Contributions

The product posts to Pinterest but the link back to the website is useless.

I don't know whether the plug-in mod or the pinterest website is causing the problem.

The code is putting &amp between the cPath and products_id instead of an actual "&" (cPath=1250_1415_1576_1577&amp;products_id=62285).

Suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    I installed this for a client but the return url from Pinterest was not working. It was encoded wrong. Others have posted with the same problem.

Here is the fix. Edit tpl_modules_pin_it_button.php

Replace the following starting at line 27:

<a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=<?php echo urlencode($piniturl); ?>&description=<?php echo urlencode($pinit_name); ?>&media=<?php echo urlencode($pinit_image); ?>" id="PinItButton" class="pin-it-button" count-layout="<?php echo PINTEREST_BUTTON_COUNT; ?>">Pin It</a>

with this:

<?php
    $piniturl = urlencode($piniturl);
    $piniturl = str_replace('amp%3B', '', $piniturl);
    ?>
    <a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=<?php echo $piniturl; ?>&description=<?php echo urlencode($pinit_name); ?>&media=<?php echo urlencode($pinit_image); ?>" id="PinItButton" class="pin-it-button" count-layout="<?php echo PINTEREST_BUTTON_COUNT; ?>">Pin It</a>
    Okay, I see the string replace...it's a fix, but what is causing the & to be replaced with &amp;???

Plugin Contributions

I copied the files over for this add-on, but when I try to install the SQL patches I just get an error message telling me to refresh the page and try again.

Plugin Contributions

In addition, you're supposed to copy the provided lines of code into the file tpl_product_info_display.php. This file doesn't appear anywhere in the system. I see that it says 'any template file you choose,' but how are you supposed to know which template file to choose?

ETA--I see that such a file exists in one of the responsive template directories, so I'm going to take a chance and copy that into my own template directory. The directions for this need to be a bit more specific.
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 26 Aug 2016 at 12:30 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    In addition, you're supposed to copy the provided lines of code into the file tpl_product_info_display.php. This file doesn't appear anywhere in the system. I see that it says 'any template file you choose,' but how are you supposed to know which template file to choose?

ETA--I see that such a file exists in one of the responsive template directories, so I'm going to take a chance and copy that into my own template directory. The directions for this need to be a bit more specific.

LOL can be confusing but you put the template files "into any template file you choose" meaning the one you installed for your store.

And if the SQL still tells you that then try installing it in the myPHPadmin on your server..sometimes that is what we need to do

Plugin Contributions

But which template file? I have 11 files in the template directory in my custom template. Only three of them seem to have anything to do with products, tpl_modules_main_product_image.php, tpl_modules_product_all_listing.php and tpl_modules_products_new_listing.php.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    But which template file? I have 11 files in the template directory in my custom template. Only three of them seem to have anything to do with products, tpl_modules_main_product_image.php, tpl_modules_product_all_listing.php and tpl_modules_products_new_listing.php.

Find the file: includes/templates/your template/templates/tpl_modules_pin_it_button.php

That is the file you need to add the bit of code to so that it appears on the product page. You may have to , by trial and error (save and test in store) to get it placed where you want it to go.

This is the code:

Code:
    <!-- Pin It Button BEGIN --> <?php   if (PINTEREST_BUTTON_STATUS == 'true') {      require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_pin_it_button.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_pin_it_button.php');   }  ?> <!-- Pin It Button END -->
    The read me gives you the same information.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast