Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Numinix Pinterest Add On Support Thread

I've looked at the readme again and all it says is to add it to the template file of your choice. Here's a cut and paste of the instruction:

Add the following code to any template file(s) you choose (example: includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php):

But I have a worse problem now. I was able to upload the sql updates using phpMyadmin, but now all I'm getting when I access the admin side is an error:

<div class="systemError">WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

So I can no longer even get into my files. I ran the uninstall.sql patch and it didn't make any difference. I can get into the test site okay, so I'm not totally dead in the water, but it's certainly an inconvenience. How do I get rid of whatever these patches did if the uninstall patch doesn't work?

Plugin Contributions

before adding the SQL to myPHPadmin, how many times did you try to do the SQL in admin area of the store.

When we do that multiple times in admin and get the error then sometimes we also need to run the uninstall SQL there too, to get rid of the code.

So if you ran it in admin 3 times then use the uninstall again 3 times total...see if that helps

Did you backup the database before trying to install this mod? If yes, then you could replace the database with the saved one and reinstall the mods SQL again.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I'll try that. No, I had backed up the database last night so I didn't do it again this morning. But I've had a lot of orders since then, so I don't want to do a restore. Yes, I did try the sql patch multiple times, and I wondered at the time if that was a bad idea.

But if I can start up and get into the test installation, it doesn't seem as though the database is the problem. It uses the same one.
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 27 Aug 2016 at 09:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Don't we all...I did the same thing loads of times before I finally got it drilled into my head...backup before/label it before and name of mod, then back up when it behaves...sometimes needing to put it into maintenance mode so that only my IP can access while I play with mods and files.

Plugin Contributions

What I don't understand is why the test installation is working without any problem, since it uses the same database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    What I don't understand is why the test installation is working without any problem, since it uses the same database.
    Operator error, a file got corrupted on upload, depending on host some files tend to upload then get removed by the host spam software due to them wanting the creators to bow to their way only....sorry that was a rant cause I have that happen lots on stores/forums I install for folks.

Also it might just be a cantankerous store. I have my store and another one that is test store...recently I had to remove the test one cause it messed up...it also messed up the main store, how I do not know. Forums do it too, I have several forums on our server that are exactly alike, different databases for each one tooooo and one will misbehave when a mod is added or deleted.

Gremlins.

Plugin Contributions

I thought of a corrupted file, since I have a bad habit of forgetting to change my ftp setting to Text instead of leaving it at the default binary/text setting. But I have only uploaded two files today, and I've gone back and removed both of them. So I don't think that's the problem. It's happened to me before though, and it's one of the first things I thought of and checked.

Plugin Contributions

It finally occurred to me to go look at the server error logs, where I found a bunch of unrelated interesting entries. But this is what's happening when I try to start up the admin site.

Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/suspended.page/disabled.cgi line 36.
    Use of uninitialized value $home in split at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/suspended.page/disabled.cgi line 38.
    Use of uninitialized value $home in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/suspended.page/disabled.cgi line 39.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Never mind, I've spoken to tech support at my host and they're not seeing any errors coming from my IP address. So it's not a server issue.

Plugin Contributions

can someone tell me which sql patch to use?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast