Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stripe.com payment integration module

Heh, I see in my Admin orders that Stripe orders have a tax of double what it should be, very odd. Will need to check how region and so on affects this. I only have one tax declared, Japanese VAT of 8%. So the Tax field in the order says 16%, but the Japanese VAT line in the total calculations correctly states 8%.
    Other payment types (e.g., moneyorder) display 8% for the Tax field.
    So not sure if that is a module issue, or a Stripe issue. More investigation needed.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Bah, I have two tax rates defined in the class VAT, one called "Japan", one called "Japan (Tokyo only)". This is for the case where I can only sell inside Tokyo. Since I did not define any payment zone for the Stripe module ("none"), it seems both these tax rates are taken together.
    I will simply admit I do not understand this very well, and leave it at that for now.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Regarding Stripe API: I am running the latest API version, 2019-05-16.
    Will be reading the documentation to see what possible differences there are.
    https://stripe.com/docs/api/versioning
    It says one can override the Stripe version, unfortunately I don't know what version v1.3.2 of the plugin was written for.
    The API changelog is pretty long, frequent updates:
    https://stripe.com/docs/upgrades#api-changelog

A guide to upgrading:
    https://stripe.com/docs/upgrades

Lots to read in the API reference:
    https://stripe.com/docs/api

Plugin Contributions

Looking at the comment in the latest Stripe module version 1.3.4, and comparing the the changes in the Stripe API version listed in the link above, it appers v1.3.4 corresponds to the Stripe API version 2015-02-18.
    So there is quite a lot of history to go through in updating.

Plugin Contributions

I would suggest rewriting this Stripe module instead of trying to repair it. Not only this module uses to the old (soon defunct) API to process payment, it also cannot support the latest security requirement.

My skill is limited and the API is somewhat confusing to me. The easiest way is probably to integrate Stripe Checkout as a new module. If you can do it, it'd be great. Seems the deadline is Sept 14th for the SCA payment requirement.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Alex,
    I'm afraid writing a new module is way beyond my current capabilities, and the timeline I need to meet to use the functionality. Writing payment processor modules is definitely something I would like to do in future though, so fixing the Stripe module in stages seemed like a good start, and I am moving ahead reading the API docs little by little as I find the time.
    I really don't care if all the functionality is not available (I doubt it was in the old module either), but I am worried by my lack of understanding in that I won't be able to tell if I have overlooked something critical.
    Anyhow, if you have some insight/suggestions in that regard, please chime in, two pairs of eyes (and two brains) is better than one.

BTW what is the soon to be defunct API? Stripe versions its REST API, so I don't see what is going to be defunct there.

Plugin Contributions

We actually are using the module without problem (installed this at least 4 or 5 years ago), only made some minimum adjustment (mostly on the variables Stripe changed in the API over the years).

Quite a few of our clients are euro-based, so we are looking for a SCA solution. And the old Charge API is working but not what we need.

Plugin Contributions

Got it. For European users indeed SCA support will be required. For me in Japan, not the case, so an easier bullet to bite.

Plugin Contributions

Just wondering if there has been any development on this. 2 weeks time SCA will be required and all cards will get declined if SCA not set up. Has anyone got a working solution? Or is it a case of setting up anther payment solution such as Paypal to avoid any problem?

Plugin Contributions

Running ZC Version: v1.5.6c
    And latest stripe module.

Every time I attempt to process a card outside of test mode I get the following notification:

Must provide source or customer.

Has anyone come up with a fix for this?

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast