Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stripe.com payment integration module

Good news if you're running 1.5.7c (tested). The Stripe add-on works with the following minor code changes to Zen Cart:

1.) In public_html/includes/classes/observers/ZcaBootstrapObserver.php:
    On/around line 198, change
    PHP Code:
    $field str_replace('class="''class="custom-select'$field); 
    to:
    PHP Code:
    $field str_replace('class="''class="custom-select '$field); 
    Note: that change is a single space after custom-select; without it, the selector can't find the class since it's mangled by the custom-select. You can alternatively just comment out this line, though I can't vouch for what impact it might have elsewhere. Either option seems to work fine.

2.) If you don't make any further changes, Stripe should work, but if there's a problem with the customer's payment, the button to resubmit payment is permanently disabled and customer is likely to become frustrated. To fix this, go to public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_confirmation/jscript_double_submit.php and add the following after the line setTimeout('button_timeout()', 4000); so that the JavaScript becomes:
    Code:
    setTimeout('button_timeout()', 4000);
    setTimeout('button_reenable()', 9000);
    Then add the following lines of code just before the closing </script> tag:
    Code:
    function button_reenable() {
      var button = document.getElementById("btn_submit");
      button.style.cursor="pointer";
      button.disabled = false;
    }
    What the revised code does is re-enable the button to submit payment 5 seconds after it's been disabled. This should preserve the objective of preventing accidental double-clicks AND allow the customer to re-submit after correcting payment information.

Disclaimer: While these modifications are relatively minor, make them at your own risk. The scope of the post is strictly to help other merchants and has no connection with either the Zen Cart developers or the add-on module developer.

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone embarked on posting an updated version of the module? Given the popularity of Stripe, I'm surprised this is not a thing unless there is a non-free one that wouldn't be discussed on the forums. I'm happy to look at this, though credit card modules are not my forte. Stripe seems to be one of the better modern payment gateways and I'd love to move from the quite outdated Linkpoint API
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
    Has anyone embarked on posting an updated version of the module? Given the popularity of Stripe, I'm surprised this is not a thing unless there is a non-free one that wouldn't be discussed on the forums. I'm happy to look at this, though credit card modules are not my forte. Stripe seems to be one of the better modern payment gateways and I'd love to move from the quite outdated Linkpoint API
    Would be great if you integrated with the Stripe 3d secure function that we need in Europe.

Plugin Contributions

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that, probably paying a dev to create something and having a few people throw in on the cost would be the best way to go.
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
    I wouldn't even know where to begin with that, probably paying a dev to create something and having a few people throw in on the cost would be the best way to go.
    Probably not so difficult, one just has to trigger the API correctly.
    Details here plus some sample code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    Probably not so difficult, one just has to trigger the API correctly.
    Details here plus some sample code.
    Seems it is even simpler for a PHP programmer to implement card payments with 3d secure.

You can download a generic Stipe PHP server solution and there is a youtube video here giving step by step instructions on how to customize it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all - I have been a user of zen cart for many years with PayPal as the payment gateway. One of my customers want to use stripe and I have conflicting information regarding whether stripe/zen cart is possible in the UK. Can someone please let me know (a) if they are compatible and (b) what are the best ZC/stripe module versions?
    I have just installed ZC v1.5.5f
    Thanks in advance.
    Lee

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by miggz View Post
    Hi all - I have been a user of zen cart for many years with PayPal as the payment gateway. One of my customers want to use stripe and I have conflicting information regarding whether stripe/zen cart is possible in the UK. Can someone please let me know (a) if they are compatible and (b) what are the best ZC/stripe module versions?
    I have just installed ZC v1.5.5f
    Thanks in advance.
    Lee
    The Zen cart Stripe plugin does not support 3d secure, info from the UK Govt;

Services that only take payments from within the UK need to meet SCA regulation by 14 September 2021. Services meet SCA regulation by implementing 3D Secure 2 (3DS2) or 3D Secure (3DS) that adds an extra layer of identity confirmation before the user pays so that transactions meet the SCA rules.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for the reply. I tried to respond last night but couldn't get back in (all sorted now).
    Put another way, can I install the Stripe module for a UK site and have it work without the 3DS)?
    I note that some sites (in general, not specific to Stripe use) pass through the 3DS where others don't. When it was introduced some years ago it was necessary to fill in the authentication and then it seems to have been dropped in favour of simply 'passing through'.
    So posing my question another way, can I install it and will it work even though it might not be supported?
    Thanks again. Lee

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MCS_Computers View Post
    Was the issue with "Must provide source or customer" ever fixed because I have the same issue, it allows a customer to make 1 purchase but then comes up with this error after that. I spoke with Stripe who basically said go back to the author as there is some code missing which then went over my head to be honest.
    Not sure that this is a supported module really so make your own choices as to using it. But ....

The issue for me was that in most templates the fields that the module adds are not actually in the form. So, the <inputs> are not inside the <form> . Solving that problem solved the issue.

It is in tpl_checkout_confirmation_default.php and you probably, depending on your template want to be moving the line:

Code:
    echo zen_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post', 'id="checkout_confirmation" onsubmit="submitonce();"');

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast