Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stripe.com payment integration module

"There is no file modules.php in my /home/[user]/[storetestURL]/[admin]/ directory, which the error logs refer to! Maybe that's the problem?"

False alarm. The file IS there, it was just out of alphabetical order, that's why I didn't see it.
    So I'm still stumped.

Plugin Contributions

I think the issue is PHP 8 changing Undefined property from a notice to a warning.
    You could try modifying line 27 in includes/modules/payment/stripe.php from
    PHP Code:
     $this->sort_order      MODULE_PAYMENT_STRIPEPAY_SORT_ORDER
    to
    PHP Code:
     $this->sort_order      defined(MODULE_PAYMENT_STRIPEPAY_SORT_ORDER) ? MODULE_PAYMENT_STRIPEPAY_SORT_ORDER null
    and adding
    PHP Code:
    public $sort_order
    after line 18
    PHP Code:
    var $code$title$description$enabled
    Sorry Don't use stripe so have not tested.

If this works, and you get another undefined, you can add in additional public lines as required. stripepay::$sort_order add public $sort_order;
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

No change in the Stripe situation but the error log has now changed to an access-denied, as follows:

[26-May-2022 08:15:09 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1044): Access denied for user '[myuser]'@'208.113.128.0/255.255.128.0' to database 'ecommtest' in /home/[user]/[storetestURL]/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 101

Plugin Contributions

Check your configuration files. This is saying that you cannot access the database ecommtest.
    This could be username and/or password incorrect in your configuration files.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

The configure.php files are fine! User name and password are correct in both.
    This error message began right after I changed the coding in the stripe.php file, and I didn't modify the user name and password at any time before or since.

Plugin Contributions

have you checked the documention section https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...em_connecting/
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

The thing is, there is no error message anywhere but in the logs! And no changes were made to the user name or database or password that could account for it.

I think I'm going to forget about the Stripe module and go with a different credit card processor that doesn't require coding experience to make it work.

Thank you, dbltoe and brittainmark, for taking the time to try and help me with this issue. I do appreciate it very much! :thanks:

Plugin Contributions

Do what you will but, I still say it's a problem with PHP, your host's setttings or both.

Plugin Contributions

It may well be! In any case the bottom line for me is that the Stripe module is no longer working the way it should, and I just don't have the know-how to locate the problem much less fix it. And since I won't be able to avoid PHP8 forever, I will just have to find a payment option that will work with it. Thank goodness all the rest of the cart works the way it's supposed to. :)

Plugin Contributions

Installed, and configured the module. It showed this in the list of modules:
    One of your Stripe API keys is missing.
    Both my live keys are entered. So I flip my Stripe console to the test mode and obtain test keys, plug them in, and flip the console back to live mode.
    Now the red message is gone but the Stripe payment method still does not appear in the list. Only Cheque/Money order does (enabled it to have something in the list, for reference).
    What does this module require, for the payment method to become available to customers?

Update: It is even weirder! I enable COD just for testing, and Stripe appears in the list together with COD. I disable COD and both COD and Stripe disappear.
    Last edited by latsht; 25 Aug 2022 at 06:00 PM.

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast