Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stripe.com payment integration module

I think I broke it. Now after I tried to enable and disable Cheque/Money order once, Stripe no longer appears with COD. How can I enable Stripe irrespective of other payment methods?

Plugin Contributions

So after some tinkering I figured out that the only way to enable Stripe as the only payment method is to have COD installed but disabled by setting "do you wish to accept COD payments" to False.
    Another way, through the back end, was to update <store prefix>_configuration table.configuration_value.
    There should not be any dependency of Stripe on COD. I am BAU but this issue should be looked into.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by latsht View Post
    So after some tinkering I figured out that the only way to enable Stripe as the only payment method is to have COD installed but disabled by setting "do you wish to accept COD payments" to False.
    Another way, through the back end, was to update <store prefix>_configuration table.configuration_value.
    There should not be any dependency of Stripe on COD. I am BAU but this issue should be looked into.
    my friend, just so we are on the same page, i am looking at this module:

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1548

is that the stripe module you are using?

if so, that module has not been updated for almost 6 years.

Code:
    $this->api_version     = 'Stripe Payments v 1.3.2 for ZenCart';
    if you read through the posts you will see a lot of people are having problems with this module. a cursory look suggests it has not even been updated to make use of a _construct method.

so when you say, "this issue should be looked into", who do you think should look into it? the person who last updated it? he was last seen here in 2017... the original author? he was last seen in 2014...

for all of you that want/need an updated stripe module, what are your expectations?

as someone who has coded numerous payment modules for zen-cart, i can tell you these are not trivial undertakings...
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

You ask me so many questions. The answers should be pretty obvious.
    I do not care if a module has not been updated in X number of years as long as it works and delivers me $$ for my products. I am not someone who is craving to be on the bleeding edge just for the sake of it. Heck, I am running 1.5.5. For how long has it not been updated? I do not want updates. They only waste time and $$.
    The author of the module should look into its issues. They may be willing may be not I do not care: I've done my part of reporting the issue, and it is now in their hands.
    If the module is obsolete/not being maintained it should be flagged as such prominently, to not waste anyone's time. Is it too much to ask for?

Once we are chatting about this module, its signature has to be changed from

Stripe secure payments

to something along the lines of "Credit card" because customers have no faintest idea what Stripe secure payments is.
    I'll edit its code, it's no problem.
    Last edited by latsht; 28 Aug 2022 at 03:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

FORUM MODERATOR HERE. @latsht, please mind your manners. In your short time here you have insulted both the project and several of its key contributors.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Seriously? I insulted someone? Where is the insult, specifically? Please point at it, and I will have an opportunity to review and act upon your order. Until then I am not able to because I do not consider anything that I have ever written here an insult.

If you are referring to someone who suggested that I do not speak/read/write English because of my geographic location from many years back, then it was an insult directed at me. It is just that I am not a crybaby who runs to moderators every time someone tries to insult me on the Internet.

Plugin Contributions

The beauty of the internet is that people all over the world can communicate.

The bad part is the sender cannot always accurately reflect meaning. Is "Great!" meant to be read as "Fantastic!" or the sarcastic opposite.

Not knowing other than the location you provided in your profile, I was excited to let you know that our documentation site is one of only a handful of sites that is available in a multitude of languages, if needed.

There was absolutely no intent other than to brag about a functionality rarely found on the internet.

It was totally your decision to be offended by someone offering the possibility of extra help, if needed.

When the same info was provided to a user with the location of Moscow, the response was, "God Bless the USA!"

99.9% of the folks here have no other motive than to help.

It's your decision as to how you want to view what is provided to you and, so far, you are unfortunately "listening to argue."

Only you can decide what mood you are going to apply to our text.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Stripe.com payment integration module

I'm making a stripe payment module for Zen Cart 1.5.8.
    It works fine, and I need to fix some minor things like multilingual and multicurrency.
    I'm thinking about position of the module in the order confirmation page.
    Most payment modules are located under the billing address.
    Please let me know if there is anything wrong.
    Name:  stripePaymentModule.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  41.2 KB

Plugin Contributions

@Gozzandes

Great News,
    I hope it will be integrated with the Stripe 3d secure function that we need in Europe and , I believe, in Japan
    Last edited by marton_1; 27 Dec 2022 at 10:54 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Stripe.com payment integration module

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    @Gozzandes

Great News,
    I hope it will be integrated with the Stripe 3d secure function that we need in Europe and , I believe, in Japan

Of course, 3D secure function is included.
    and over 130 currencies.
    Stripe form embedded in the payment page.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast