Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stripe.com payment integration module

Theres seems to be an issue with Canadian customers and STRIPE....STRIPE calls their Canadian currency CAD and the stripe module seems to call it CAN. When I try a live test purchase, you get this message:

Invalid currency: CAN. You can use these currencies: cad. Your currency was chosen when you activated your account. To process in a different currency, you'll need to create a new account.
    I have looked at all the files, even used the search function but cannot find where the module calls Canadian Currency CAN. I think if it is changed to CAD, the module will work. Makes me ownder if I am the first Canadian to use this module?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cathead2012 View Post
    Theres seems to be an issue with Canadian customers and STRIPE....STRIPE calls their Canadian currency CAD and the stripe module seems to call it CAN. When I try a live test purchase, you get this message:

I have looked at all the files, even used the search function but cannot find where the module calls Canadian Currency CAN. I think if it is changed to CAD, the module will work. Makes me ownder if I am the first Canadian to use this module?
    Having the same issue.... Anyone figure it out?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Probably best to ask the module's author.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The problem i am having is that the module is passing the shipping zipcode to stripe and the payment is failing.
    Thanks,
    KWW

Plugin Contributions

Hi all

Firstly my apologies for not replying to the thread - I did not realise that I only got one notification at a time....

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS POST HERE BUT ALSO PM ME AS PM'S ARE GETTING THROUGH JUST FINE.

OK - Canadian Currency was mis coded as CAN - now changed to CAD so it'll work for you. Also added in GBP (currently beta in the UK) and EUR as currency choices.

Code also updated to send over the billing and not the shipping address - note that if AVS checking is set to False then no billing address will be passed at all to Stripe

I'll send up a new zip package but the includes/ files should be attached here - the only change is to the includes/modules/payment/stripepay.php file

I've also spoken to Strip and they state that to have PCI compliance you must have an SSL on your site.

Graeme
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by WallStickys View Post
    Hello, I think I may have found a bug. Some of my customers were getting the error message, "amount must be a positive integer in cents" when attempting to check out. I found the following line of code in stripepay.php:

Code:
    "amount" => ($order->info['total']) * 100, // amount in cents
    I added the round function to the calculation and it seems to have corrected the issue:

Code:
    "amount" => round($order->info['total'], 2) * 100, // amount in cents
    Please note there are several instances where this line needs to be changed.

Other than that - everything seems to be working fine! Thanks so much!

James
    Hi there - thanks for this I'll change the code in the zip file to match - I'm guessing that when the order total gets multiplied by 100 there's a chance that it may actually be something like $100.1111 so we're sending 10011.11 to Stripe and they're not liking the .11 bit

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by midreal View Post
    Could you let me know if and what code I could modify to display not just the credit card expiration month on checkout page (January) but also the month number (1 January) ? I just feel it is more convenient for customers as most credit card expiration's are shown on the card as numbers. Can this be done?
    I search through the stripe files but could not find the code source.
    Thanks
    Paxton---
    I'm about to upload v1.3 to the package page - if you open the file includes/modules/payment/stripepay.php and look at around line 114 you'll see some new code
    There's three blocks in there that control how the $expires_month array is constructed - each delineated by lines of #######################
    If you want to use a different text in the dropdown then uncomment the one you want and comment out the original.

The one you want is the second block of code.

Code:
    		##################### displays month name in drop down ###############
            for ($i = 1; $i < 13; $i++) {
                $expires_month[] = array(
                    'id' => sprintf('%02d', $i),
                    'text' => strftime('%B', mktime(0, 0, 0, $i, 1, 2000))
                );
            } //$i = 1; $i < 13; $i++
    		##################### displays month name in drop down ###############
    		##################### displays month name and number in brackets  in drop down ###############
    /*		    for ($i=1; $i<13; $i++) {
          $expires_month[] = array('id' => sprintf('%02d', $i), 'text' => strftime('%B - (%m)',mktime(0,0,0,$i,1,2000)));
        }
            $today = getdate();
            for ($i = $today['year']; $i < $today['year'] + 10; $i++) {
                $expires_year[] = array(
                    'id' => strftime('%y', mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, $i)),
                    'text' => strftime('%Y', mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, $i))
                );
            } */
    		##################### displays month name and number in brackets  in drop down ###############
    		##################### displays month  number  in drop down ###############
    /*				    for ($i=1; $i<13; $i++) {
          $expires_month[] = array('id' => sprintf('%02d', $i), 'text' => strftime('%m',mktime(0,0,0,$i,1,2000)));
        }
            $today = getdate();
            for ($i = $today['year']; $i < $today['year'] + 10; $i++) {
                $expires_year[] = array(
                    'id' => strftime('%y', mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, $i)),
                    'text' => strftime('%Y', mktime(0, 0, 0, 1, 1, $i))
                );
            } */
    		##################### displays month  number  in drop down ###############

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keystonewebworks View Post
    The problem i am having is that the module is passing the shipping zipcode to stripe and the payment is failing.
    Hi
    This is fixed in the 1.3 download (we'd forgotten to correct this in the Zencart module) my apologies

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Yes - you were the first Canadian to use the module (and we being numpties) had coded your currency in wrong! Fixed in 1.3

Plugin Contributions

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Update ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi all

As the author of the plugin I'd like to thank everybody for their input & bug crunching/detecting. If you find any other errors please PM me with them and I will try to sort them out asap for you as I do not visit the forums here very often.

I've just uploaded a zip to the modules page with v1.3 in it (Zip id called stripe_zencartv13a.zip) http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1548 (it takes a while to appear so if you don't see version 1.3 there wait a bit)

changes to that are:

Canadian currency problem fixed
    Billing address/shipping address screw up fixed
    GBP and EUR added
    Manual code to change the dropdown display added
    Order total round() function added as per above post

Currently Stripe are at Beta here in the UK so whilst you can experiment with GBP you cannot (as yet) have this linked to a live store/bank account.
    EUR is not yet accommodated at Stripe.

One 'gotcha' is that if you do not enable AVS checking in your Zencart admin then no billing address information at all will be sent to Stripe - if you are seeing 'billing city = null' and so on at Stripe then there's your likely suspect.

This module uses the stripe.js file (there is a PHP library supplied by Stripe that is in the zip file in the ext folder but is unused) and grabs it from Stripe each time the checkout_confirmation page is entered. Stripe have told me that in order to be fully PCI compliant you must use the .js package and you must have SSL in your checkout. In our osCommerce package we've put a great big warning as regards SSL on the live customer facing pages - this is not in the Zencart version but you must be aware of the need for SSL.

Graeme

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast