Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Editing the look of the Cart

Hi.

I'm using Zencart as "Cart Only" with a bespoke front end that I have written. Zencart 1.3.9h is used to process the orders and pay (via the paypal plugin). All is working well. except for the following points that I need to fix.

1. The most important item is that each product is a hyperlink to the zencart shop (index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=xxx). I need to remove the hyperlink or change it to the location of the new shop (homepage.php?page=designs&id=yyy).

2. I need a text area adding to the cart to allow for additional information that will be sent to the customer and to the main order email address. It does not need to be recorded in the database.

3. I also require a tick-box to hold up the ordering process that states "I have read the terms and conditions...". Checkout will not go ahead until that has been ticked.

I can generate the code for number 2 and 3, but I have no idea how to integrate it into the actual cart software. I cannot seem to find any contributions that will do the tasks for them either - but i've not searched exhaustedly. I also DO NOT want to go back to the full zencart product as we cannot style it exactly how it is needed for corporate standards. Any information that could be provided would be gratefully accepted.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Editing the look of the Cart

I don't exactly understand #1. You want to click on the Zencart product listing, and go back to the main site rather than the Zencart product info page ?

#2 - There are Special Instructions textareas on both the Shipping and Payment checkout pages. Do you need something more than those ?

#3 is built in - Admin - Configuration - Regulations.

I won't argue with your corporate standards, but Zencart is best used as a stand-alone, and is almost infinitely stylable, so ...

Plugin Contributions

I'm using Zencart as "Cart Only" with a bespoke front end that I have written
    This is not how ZenCart is designed to be utilized - It is designed to be your site
    It is not designed to be used only as a cart or in pieces
    I have read the terms and conditions...
    admin > config > Regulations > Confirm Terms and Conditions During Checkout Procedure > set to true

Turn them on at
    admin > config > define pages status > Define Conditions of Use > set to "1"
    Edit these
    admin > tools > Define Pages Editor > select "define_conditions.php" from drop
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I don't exactly understand #1. You want to click on the Zencart product listing, and go back to the main site rather than the Zencart product info page ?
    When you purchase a product and it shows in the shopping cart, the product is hyperlinked to the individual product page. However my site doesn't use zen-cart to show the products so the hyperlink sends the customer to the wrong location. As a quick fix, I need to remove the hyperlink from the cart for each product.

Plugin Contributions

Kobra, whether or not the software is meant to be used in that way, that is the way that this user is developing it. How people use it is their business, if they dont like the front of house that is available, then they are free to edit to their hearts content. I don't think that is a problem, its just a case of breaking into the cart somewhere that he is asking help for.

Now I have been using Zen cart for a while now, and I must admit I had exactly the same thought. The help, if someone can, would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

This is not how ZenCart is designed to be utilized - It is designed to be your site
    It is not designed to be used only as a cart or in pieces
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

If you just want to remove the link in the shopping cart, open includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_display.php, find this and remove the red parts:

<td class="cartProductDisplay">
    <a href="<?php echo $product['linkProductsName']; ?>"><span id="cartImage" class="back"><?php echo $product['productsImage']; ?></span><span id="cartProdTitle"><?php echo $product['productsName'] . '<span class="alert bold">' . $product['flagStockCheck'] . '</span>'; ?></span> </a>

then save the file to your custom template override folder.

Plugin Contributions

Ok. Without raising voices and getting angry, Telling people that it's not supposed to be used that way is neither helpful nor is it friendly, and I don't want to report people for bad behavior when all I need is an answer to what I thought was a simple question.

I know how zen-cart is designed and what it was designed to do, it's just that I simply can't configure zencart how I have been asked using contributions or templates. I searched for months and found that i couldn't even break into the code to lay it out or style it, so being a developer, I simply wrote my own front end to it. That part has been done and it's not going to change. I simply need to know the answer to part #1 of my question.

If you don't know the answer or are simply going to tell me that it's not to be used in that way, please don't bother wasting my time with a reply unless it is a valid question.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    If you just want to remove the link in the shopping cart, open includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_display.php, find this and remove the red parts:

<td class="cartProductDisplay">
    <a href="<?php echo $product['linkProductsName']; ?>"><span id="cartImage" class="back"><?php echo $product['productsImage']; ?></span><span id="cartProdTitle"><?php echo $product['productsName'] . '<span class="alert bold">' . $product['flagStockCheck'] . '</span>'; ?></span> </a>

then save the file to your custom template override folder.
    Thanks Stevesh. I've been looking in the wrong place for that piece of code all day! I can now use that to redirect the cart to where I need it. Many thanks!

Plugin Contributions

The developers have went to great lengths to provide code that is PCI compliant as designed

It is not designed to be used as a "back end" as you are asking and this has to do with "sessions" for security

If you require a back end, you should look elsewhere at other carts that lend themselves to this approach
    it's just that I simply can't configure zencart
    Maybe you need to spend some time reviewing the tutorials for the future as you state that this is not going to change at this point for this client
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast