Plugin Contributions

Default Is There A Gallery That Works??

Hi,

I am helping out on a site running zen cart 151, basically what is required is a photo gallery, so that the admin can place pictures of customers using what the store sells. The problem is I can't seem to find a proper photo gallery that works.

I have tried Lightbox Gallery, which while it does work there are no admin options, well there are but they do not display for some reason, which is no good and no help from the support thread or no replies in over a week so I am looking for an alternative.

Does anyone have any ideas thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is There A Gallery That Works??

You could add your images into an EZ Page named 'gallery'.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thanks for replying, and sorry to sound dim, but how would I go about doing that?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    I have tried Lightbox Gallery, which while it does work there are no admin options, well there are but they do not display for some reason, which is no good and no help from the support thread or no replies in over a week so I am looking for an alternative.
    ZC v1.5.x uses a new system for setting up admin options for mods. Since the description of Lightbox Gallery says it works in ZC v1.3.9, that strongly suggests it has not been upgraded to work with 1.5.x. You could modify it yourself (there are instructions somewhere around here) and then submit the moded file to the Plugins area for others, or you could find another gallery that works with 1.5.x. If you search the Plugins for "gallery" you get a list of results with at least one that says it works with ZC v1.5.x.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply, I was following the instructions that others had done saying it does work with 1.5, however even though a few acknowledged that the admin options were missing, no one actually said how they managed to fix that issue, I can upload images to the gallery by modifying the url but obviously its not my site so need to get the admin options back ideally. I have had a look for the instructions to get it to work with 1.5 but have had no luck anywhere, just dead ends.

I did previously search the plugins category for gallery and all I could find that looked like it would work with 1.5 was Zen Lightbox and as far as I can tell that isn't actually a gallery, it just displays product images in a lightbox.

What I need is a gallery that has nothing to do with products etc, it will just enable the admin to upload images that show what customers of the site has done with the product he is selling.

Thanks for your help and time, appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

... I have had a look for the instructions to get it to work with 1.5 but have had no luck anywhere, just dead ends.
    This is the page I was thinking of, I think.

... What I need is a gallery that has nothing to do with products etc, it will just enable the admin to upload images that show what customers of the site has done with the product he is selling.
    That would be a slideshow. Search the plugins for "slideshow" and you'll get a few more that work in 1.5.x.

Rob