Plugin Contributions

Default Two PayPal modules activated at the same time

I need to have both express checkout and paypal pro activated at the same time but, if I try to do that, I get message the tells me that I can not install a PayPal module if another one is installed.
    PayPal techs told me that they have no problems if both modules are working together.
    The reason for this is to be able to offer to the customers to buy without registering as express allows, and give the possibility to pay with credit card using paypal pro.
    Thanks for helping in this matter.
    enzo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two PayPal modules activated at the same time

Far as I know, if you use Paypal Pro you have to have Express installed. did you try installing Pro first ?

Also, here in the US anyway, your customers can pay with credit cards just fine using Express.

Plugin Contributions

You are right!
    The problem is thatI did not express myself correctly.
    The PayPal tech made me mod the PayPal Standard module.php in order to make it working as pay pal Pro.
    Therefore I need to have activated both standard and express and not pro and express.
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by enzo-ita View Post
    The PayPal tech made me mod the PayPal Standard module.php in order to make it working as pay pal Pro.
    Um. No, that doesn't make any sense at all. PayPal Standard redirects customers offsite to make payment. It does not operate like Pro. It is entirely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo-ita View Post
    Therefore I need to have activated both standard and express and not pro and express.
    No, that would be pointless, and would simply result in confusion to your customers.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. Byte,
    I have to tell you that I was not convinced either but the PayPal tech in Italy told me so and after some debating I accepted to make the mod indicated by them to the paypal.php, paypal_function and ipn_main_handler files in order to have them working as PRO, and it does.
    The Italian PRO version is different from the USA pro version and yes it works completely different sending customers offsite.

I then wanted to have also express because I wanted to give the customers the possibility to pay without registering, but this was impossible to do because with express installed the paypal.php would refuse to install.

I then mod the paypal.php, already modded as per paypal instructions, simply commentig out the two if clauses that checks for other paypal modules installed. Installed espress, I then installed the modded paypal.php and now I have the two modules working together.

If you want to check, my site is www. acq uatua.it.
    If you want to see the mods indicated by the paypal technicians, just let me know were to send a copy of the instructions.

Thanks for your answer.
    Appreciated.
    enzo