Plugin Contributions

Default Adding a buy now button to products in listing that have options

Hi

All of my products have options so in category listing you dont see any buy now buttons.

I think its confusing to some customers as they have to click on the product name (link) to get to the page where they can add to cart (after choosing the compulsory options)

Id like to have a small buy now button next to the product name in category listing.

How could i do this?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a buy now button to products in listing that have options

The short answer is "you can't".
    If as you say the attributes are compulsory, there is no way the products can technically be added to cart until selections have been made. Maybe what you need is to rework the "more info" link into a buy now button that will take the customer to the product info page wherre the attributes can be selected. Then they will still need to click "add to cart". If you are not getting the more info link, adding the price display to the listing may help.

Plugin Contributions

do you mean you want to replace the 'more info... ' text link with a buy now button as if the product had no attributes, except clicking the buy now button would direct you to the product page rather than putting the product into the cart?

if so..

go to includes/modules/product_listing.php an find:

Code:
    $lc_button = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? $_GET['cPath'] : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>';
    and change that line to:
    Code:
    $lc_button = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? $_GET['cPath'] : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_IN_CART, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT, 'class="listingBuyNowButton"') . '</a>';
    then save that file to includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php <-- what ever YOUR_TEMPLATE name happens to be

Plugin Contributions

awesome thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - but the product_listing.php isnt being called at all for some reason. Ive tried renaming the file and also the file by same name in my templates folder. The site still works.

Im using fast easy checkout by numinix but still i think the product listing file should be getting called

Plugin Contributions

sorry seems my /cpanel was resolving to my old server and changes werent appearing.

I got it to work.. but actually id like to have a custom button in there. How can i make a custom button for it?

eg so button reads - "Buy/Info" instead of Add To Cart which it does with above example

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Use an image editing/creation program like Photoshop to make the graphics you want. I'm sure there are plenty of other cheaper programs you could use. Then save the new file with the same name as the old one replacing it) and it will just show up. If you want to use a new filename you will have to edit the PHP file where it is set for the function.

Plugin Contributions

just to go a little further
    in file: modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product_listing.php
    instead of
    changing
    Code:
    ...MORE_INFO_TEXT...
    (see crazysarah post #3 Code.1)

to
    Code:
    ...zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BUY_NOW, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT, 'class="listingBuyNowButton"')...
    (see crazysarah post #3 Code.2)

change
    Code:
    ...MORE_INFO_TEXT...
    to
    Code:
    ...zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_MOREINFOTEXT, BUTTON_MOREINFOTEXT_ALT, 'class="listingBuyNowButton"')...
    then
    in file: languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/button_names.php
    add:
    Code:
    define('BUTTON_MOREINFOTEXT_ALT', '&nbsp;&nbsp;Options&nbsp;&nbsp;');
    define('BUTTON_IMAGE_MOREINFOTEXT', 'button_options.gif');
    if you want to create a different css style/colour button you can also change
    Code:
    “listingBuyNowButton”
    to
    Code:
    “listingOptionsButton”
    then
    create a button called 'button_options.gif' (in the same style as your ‘Add to cart’ button) and save in
    /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/buttons/english/

now you’re setup to use either the image or the css buttons

obviously you can use any word/phrase that best describes the button you want.
    i think ‘Options’ is a little more descript than ‘Add to cart’ in this instance