Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v4

Conor's submission was a helpful one in its time. Credit card processing was a LOT different and e-commerce was getting a double hit as merchant account provider demanded different accounts for on line and brick-n-mortar.

A lot of us had to resort to Conor's mod and calling in our numbers. Later, we were able to connect with a browser but, we still paid that extra percentage for "card not present" transactions.

Conor himself acknowledged that this method was a work around and less than secure for all concerned. Its process is not only NOT PCI compliant but, it is unsafe for both the customer and the store owner.

With the advent of PayPal, we had a viable option that was more secure. Yes, some folks despise PayPal but, there are many out there in e-commerce that don't feel comfortable using anything else. PayPal does not force folks to make an account as some will say. If the customer has a PayPal account, the system will ask them to login. Otherwise, they are immediately provided the opportunity to use their own card.

Next came Square. Another one with all sorts of rumors floating around. "Can't get my money" seems to be the big complaint but, I've never had that happen. Square has only given me one charge back (stolen card) and I've been with them from the start. Oddly enough, it was the Square business model that Conor mentioned often in our emails. Even though Square was not around at the time of Conor's passing, I bet he would have done something like it within a year.

Unlike other merchant accounts, Square has no sign-up or monthly fees. If you manage to get the right rep on the phone, they might give you a better rate if you mention Zen Cart.

Sorry for the length but, I felt it needed to explain that this is old and, potentially, VERY expensive/damaging software. Expensive that "call in" fees are always more than keyed in AND the risk to your business and the customer through non-compliant processing. Damaging in the potential loss of customer data.

Unless you have one of the prohibited businesses listed at http://tinyurl.com/y5ksco5b, I'd rethink PayPal and Square before using Conor's mod.

Plugin Contributions

I am looking at square now for an alternative for my customers. Since the customers using the manual card are doing a card not present transaction, they may be paying high rates now. Square is 2.75% - about what I pay for many of my transactions since I'm a business to business user. Business/corporate cards engender higher processing fees. Having zen include square in the default makes the switch a sounder decision now.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie C View Post
    --> PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/server/public_html/includes/modules/payment/ceon_manual_card.php on line 2478.
    On line 2478 change

return sizeof($missing_store_files > 0);

to

return (sizeof($missing_store_files) > 0);
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    On line 2478 change

return sizeof($missing_store_files > 0);

to

return (sizeof($missing_store_files) > 0);
    Thanks swguy,
    That fixed the previous error but now it generates a new one.
    I also upgraded to Zen Cart v1.5.6c this morning if that effects anything. The error only happens using PHP 7.2.19 not when I roll back to PHP 7.1.30

[18-Jul-2019 13:06:28 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping, IP address: **.***.***.***
    #1 ceon_manual_cardSessionCleaner->update() called at [/home/server/public_html/includes/classes/class.base.php:103]
    #2 base->notify() called at [/home/server/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php:12]
    #3 require(/home/server/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php) called at [/home/server/public_html/index.php:36]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant NOTIFY_HEADER_START_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS - assumed 'NOTIFY_HEADER_START_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/server/public_html/includes/classes/observers/class.ceon_manual_cardSessionCleaner.php on line 50.

Plugin Contributions

Change includes/classes/observers/class.ceon_manual_cardSessionCleaner.php line 50 to

if ($notifier == 'NOTIFY_HEADER_START_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS' ||

(quotes around notifier name)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Change includes/classes/observers/class.ceon_manual_cardSessionCleaner.php line 50 to

if ($notifier == 'NOTIFY_HEADER_START_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS' ||

(quotes around notifier name)
    Works great using Zen Cart 1.5.6c running PHP Version 7.2.20 now.
    Thanks for your help swguy!

Plugin Contributions

Hi there.

I have received the following in my log:

07-Apr-2021 13:44:49 UTC] Request URI: /myadmin/index.php?cmd=modules&set=payment, IP address: 174.230.13.158
    #1 sizeof() called at [/includes/modules/payment/ceon_manual_card.php:2478]
    #2 ceon_manual_card->_checkForMissingCatalogFiles() called at [/includes/modules/payment/ceon_manual_card.php:2153]
    #3 ceon_manual_card->_checkModuleEnvironment() called at [/includes/modules/payment/ceon_manual_card.php:312]
    #4 ceon_manual_card->__construct() called at [/myadmin/modules.php:204]
    #5 require(/k4sguapra1nakah4/modules.php) called at [/myadmin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /includes/modules/payment/ceon_manual_card.php on line 2478.

Could someone please tell me how to fix this? I have checked and double checked that all my files are there.

I am new to this and would appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Welcome to the Zen Cart forum, @Bridgid. If you scroll up 5 posts to #83, you'll see the answer to your question.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789