Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Pure CSS Mega Menu

Hello everyone! I am excited to announce my first module release that isn't a template! I have packaged up the popular Pure CSS Mega Menu that is used in many of our template pacakges as a stand alone module:

Name:  pure-css-menu.jpg
Views: 6975
Size:  25.7 KB

You can check out live demos of the menu on our free templates here:

http://www.picaflor-azul.com/free-de...abbington_mega

Module Features:

• Completely customizable--add links, images, or customize menu colors, or easily hide elements of the menu from the stylesheet

• No javascript used

• Neutral colors, looks good with any template!

• Display lots of content while keeping a clean layout

• Improves site navigation and usability

• Customers get to their destination in fewer clicks

• Easily ad EZpage links to the Info drop down

• Dynamically builds your categories and sub categories for the Shop drop down

• Quick Links drop down includes links to Home, New Products, Featured Products, All Proucts, Specials, and Search

• Dynamically ads manufacturers with listed products to the Brands drop down

• About Us drop down has text and an image

• Connect drop down with facebook, twitter, pinterest, youtube, google, and blog links

• Customer Service drop down has short shipping text and shop with confidence text with payments image

• W3C Valid XHTML and CSS3

• No changes to core files

• Easy Installation

• Detailed HTML readme file with written instructions and screenshots, and links to videos for the installation and customization steps.

• Fully compatible with versions 1.3.8x, 1.3.9x, 1.5x. Would probably work with lower versions although it has not been tested.

Please post any bugs or questions here.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pure CSS Mega Menu

Is there any way to NOT have the Main Categories branch off into side sub-categories?
    Example:
    What it does now is makes the tree when you hover over the category name
    Category 1
    ----------- Sub-1
    ----------- Sub-2
    ----------------- Sub2-1
    Category 2
    Category 3
    ----------- Sub-1
    ----------- Sub-2

What I want is to just have
    Category 1
    Category 2
    Category 3

and not have it split off in to sub-menus.], since one of my categories has over 30 sub-categories. (An no... there is no way to change it or combine them. It is what it is) :)

Thanks
    Bubba

Plugin Contributions

It should be a simple stylesheet change, removing a :hover rule. Anne will be able to tell you exactly what to change.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    It should be a simple stylesheet change, removing a :hover rule. Anne will be able to tell you exactly what to change.
    You can add a display:none; to the .mega-menu .levels li ul rule in the stylesheet_mega_menu.css file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Perfection! Thanks so much Anne!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadan View Post
    Perfection! Thanks so much Anne!
    No problem ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    No problem ;-)

Thanks,

Anne
    I am working with the plugin to accomplish something a bit more complicated. I have 924 active manufacturers, therefore I need to separate that list into several columns, although I followed the link to the excellent mega menus tutorial you posted in the instructions, I was still not able to split to make 15+ pages with 60 rows each to accommodate all my brands ...

I am also working with the categories as I want all categories to be in a 5 column layout, by these I mean instead of the second level being displayed as a list I want to add images and show the second level subcategories as titles >>>>

That is

Main category >>> Second level Menu categories as Title, third level categories as list in multiple columns.

like this Main Category >>> Title H2
    Multicolumn Third level list

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    I am working with the plugin to accomplish something a bit more complicated. I have 924 active manufacturers, therefore I need to separate that list into several columns, although I followed the link to the excellent mega menus tutorial you posted in the instructions, I was still not able to split to make 15+ pages with 60 rows each to accommodate all my brands ...

I am also working with the categories as I want all categories to be in a 5 column layout, by these I mean instead of the second level being displayed as a list I want to add images and show the second level subcategories as titles >>>>

That is

Main category >>> Second level Menu categories as Title, third level categories as list in multiple columns.

like this Main Category >>> Title H2
    Multicolumn Third level list

This will require custom php programming. You can try editing the classes/categories_ul_generator.php and the includes/templates/override/common/tpl_main_page.php file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I just installed this on one of my sites and it seems to have gone in fine, but the old nav bar is still there. lol
    I re-read the directions for installing it a few times, and it doesn't look like I missed anything. But I can't quite figure out what's up because I'm still rather new to zen-cart.
    My site: http:// anyrissa bjd .x10 .bz/
    I haven't adjusted it for width yet or anything, until I get the double-nav bar issue figured out.
    I should also probably note that I am just trying it out on this site so I didn't break my other site. lol So it will not be staying on this one.

Thank you very much for this module! I built one of these for my old site with HTML and CSS, but I couldn't get it to work on this one. So this works just perfect. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nyrissa View Post
    Hi, I just installed this on one of my sites and it seems to have gone in fine, but the old nav bar is still there. lol
    I re-read the directions for installing it a few times, and it doesn't look like I missed anything. But I can't quite figure out what's up because I'm still rather new to zen-cart.
    My site: http:// anyrissa bjd .x10 .bz/
    I haven't adjusted it for width yet or anything, until I get the double-nav bar issue figured out.
    I should also probably note that I am just trying it out on this site so I didn't break my other site. lol So it will not be staying on this one.

Thank you very much for this module! I built one of these for my old site with HTML and CSS, but I couldn't get it to work on this one. So this works just perfect. :)
    Is your nav bar ez pages? turn the ones off for header in admin/tools

did you go to admin/layout settings/Categories-Tabs Menu ON/OFF -- and turn to off (0)

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast