Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pure CSS Mega Menu

Hello, I have just installed this and so far so good but I have hit a couple of snags and can't find the answers here.

1) The products list isn't wide enough to show each product on a single line, so it word wraps. I have changed the div tab to
    Code:
    <div class="dropdown_2columns">
    , and although the drop down window is now wide enough, the product names are still being word wrapped and not extending to the full width of the drop down box. I have tried different variations of the
    Code:
    <div class="col_1 firstcolumn">
    tag, but to no avail. This is driving me crazy, so if anyone can help me get the text to flow right across the box I would be extremely grateful (the site is http://www.braefootvenison.co.uk)

2) There is a large gap above the navigation bar - does anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Best wishes

Tog Porter

Plugin Contributions

OK I found the text width it is in the css
    Code:
    .mega-menu .levels a {display: block;width: 10em;font-weight:normal;}
    I just changed the 10em to 20em and it works.

Plugin Contributions

I still cannot find out how to get rid of the large gap above the navigation bar though,.

Regards

Tog

Plugin Contributions

includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet_mega_menu.css line 2 has the top margin set to 30px

#mega-wrapper .mega-menu {
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #ccc, #80a83c) repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    border: 1px solid #80a83c;
    border-radius: 10px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 1px #cef185 inset;
    height: 40px;
    list-style: outside none none;
    margin: 30px auto 0;
    padding: 0 20px;
    width: 890px;
    }

Plugin Contributions

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much. Tog

Plugin Contributions

I Finally figured out what I was doing wrong! (I know no one probably cares, haha). But I am ecstatic. I was renaming the over ride folders to be uploaded in the install package as my ADMIN not my TEMPLATE, duh! Thank you once again ANNE for the outstanding contribution, you are an amazingly talented web designer and you are one of the key people that make zencart such a great cart! Thank you! Now I have to figure out how to customize the menu to include more categories, thank you again!

Plugin Contributions

I now have it working OK, except it only shows top level categories in the drop down. Is there a way to show the individual products as a sub menu of the categories. For example the categories display in a list , Venison Joints, Venison Steaks & Chops, etc. But I would like the Venison Joints to split further into "Haunch Joint", "Saddle of Venison" etc. I have tried nesting <ul> and <li> tags but cannot get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas? The web site is at http://www.braefootvenison.co.uk

Best wishes

Tog Porter

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by toomanyknots View Post
    I Finally figured out what I was doing wrong! (I know no one probably cares, haha). But I am ecstatic. I was renaming the over ride folders to be uploaded in the install package as my ADMIN not my TEMPLATE, duh! Thank you once again ANNE for the outstanding contribution, you are an amazingly talented web designer and you are one of the key people that make zencart such a great cart! Thank you! Now I have to figure out how to customize the menu to include more categories, thank you again!
    I am happy that you figured it out ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I'm having some trouble editing headermenu.php. For some reason I can edit everything fine except the text of about us. I am not sure why it is not working. I can edit the about us picture and the about us title, for some reason even the default about us text in the headermenu.php will not show, all I get is "About Us" in the text:

My log first showed that I needed tpl_about_us_default.php in includes/templates/template_default/templates, so I copied it from another directory (an avonlee contempo template directory) and pasted it in that directory. Before I had did this I didn't even get anything on the link to my about page). But I am still not getting any text on the about me bar of the mega menu, it is weird. Here is my log:

[21-Mar-2015 15:51:36 America/New_York] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jrvihfnf/public_html/includes/templates/genesis/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 122
    [21-Mar-2015 15:51:36 America/New_York] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jrvihfnf/public_html/includes/templates/genesis/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 122
    [21-Mar-2015 15:51:36 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jrvihfnf/public_html/includes/templates/genesis/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 122

Also, I was wondering what the easiest way to edit the width of the menu bar to match my template would be?
    Last edited by toomanyknots; 21 Mar 2015 at 09:25 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Opps, just found out in your read me how to adjust the width (sorry about that). Still perplexed on why I can't change the about us text though. Also, I was wondering how I would go about creating multiple columns, like the 4 column demo here?: http://nettuts.s3.amazonaws.com/819_...emo/index.html

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast