Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pure CSS Mega Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GumboStandards View Post
    Forgot to mention in the above instruction set that the HTML output of mega menu will now be placed at the bottom of the HTML source code of any page on your site using the mega menu. IOW, the mega menu will continue to appear at or toward the top of the page in your browser but to searchbots all content within the mega menu will be scanned (almost) last.
    Thank you for posting your solution. When your site is on a live server I would love it if you would post the link here.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Great looking menu.

I wonder about compatibility to touch devices. In my tests this one doesn't fair too well or I am missing something.

There is no hover.

The "logic" on touch is a bit different such that if you click/touch a thing with a submenu said submenu appears and you can click or touch the submenu item and until such action the submenu stays on the screen unless navigation goes elsewhere.

This seems an issue here and particularly on a screen/menu like "about us" link which has a hover based little blob there of text that will never be seen by a touch application without a forced click to view and double click to go to about us page.

How are folks handling this do folks just assume the click-through to the physical about us page for such things? Market penetration of touch is quite high so the menu format is even more complex.

And if I wanted to force such click through behavior is that something easily done?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
    Great looking menu.

I wonder about compatibility to touch devices. In my tests this one doesn't fair too well or I am missing something.

There is no hover.

The "logic" on touch is a bit different such that if you click/touch a thing with a submenu said submenu appears and you can click or touch the submenu item and until such action the submenu stays on the screen unless navigation goes elsewhere.

This seems an issue here and particularly on a screen/menu like "about us" link which has a hover based little blob there of text that will never be seen by a touch application without a forced click to view and double click to go to about us page.

How are folks handling this do folks just assume the click-through to the physical about us page for such things? Market penetration of touch is quite high so the menu format is even more complex.

And if I wanted to force such click through behavior is that something easily done?
    The code is not specially optimized for mobile devices. If you want to use the menu for this purpose, you will have to optimize the code.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Well e erything is touchscreen now unless u buy older technology. The days of non touchscreen computers and laptops is maybe 2 years away as devices die.

BTW you have wonderfhl informative site.

Plugin Contributions

Hello
    I have tried without luck to reduce the line widths in both the dropdown's " Customer Service" and "About Us", if I reduce the width of the dropdown's the lines and text carry outside the menu. I can change the line color, but not the width.
    any help on this would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jogr View Post
    Hello
    I have tried without luck to reduce the line widths in both the dropdown's " Customer Service" and "About Us", if I reduce the width of the dropdown's the lines and text carry outside the menu. I can change the line color, but not the width.
    any help on this would be appreciated.
    If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
    Well e erything is touchscreen now unless u buy older technology. The days of non touchscreen computers and laptops is maybe 2 years away as devices die.

BTW you have wonderfhl informative site.
    Please feel free to optimize the menu code for touchscreen devices. You can post your code here, or send it to me and I will include it in a future package update.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I will monkey with it a bit. I was really hoping you would do it all for me

I am well past mice being the majority of users in fact the percentage really dropped after Christmas this year.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, How do i double the width of the drop downs, I just can't seem to get that to work, I can make it wider but the text in the menus stays the same, as in a long category names wraps, even if there is room for it.

Any ideas?
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nigelt74 View Post
    Ok, How do i double the width of the drop downs, I just can't seem to get that to work, I can make it wider but the text in the menus stays the same, as in a long category names wraps, even if there is room for it.

Any ideas?
    If you post a link to the site I can take a look. You can change all widths and anything style related in the stylesheet_mega_menu.css file.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast