Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sheffield Blue Template Support Thread

My search bar is just below the spot it is supposed to be. I uploaded a stock stylesheet file and made the changes to it that I was instructed in the post above. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what I could do to position it in line with the blue menu bar. lhalsportscards.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DJLQD View Post
    My search bar is just below the spot it is supposed to be. I uploaded a stock stylesheet file and made the changes to it that I was instructed in the post above. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what I could do to position it in line with the blue menu bar. lhalsportscards.com
    It looks fine in firefox. What browser are you using?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hello Anne I am loving the template and I'm almost there with it but I have a couple of questions - on my front page under my blurb there is a heading for Specials and they are just not showing up there - I know it must be something to do with my configuration but for the life of me can't work out what.
    Additionally I want to set up a solution for spam through the contact me but am unsure which files to change as there is also a contact form in the header ( I have read another thread about this on the forums http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...p+spam+message)
    Finally just a heads up for others really- I edited the header text and had an apostrophe in my text and it didn't like it at all and my site wouldn't load-I removed the ' and it works just fine now - maybe a cure is to use ALT146 but i didn't actually try that I just changed what I said my site is chrislinacre.co.uk
    Thanks and I must say well done for a fantastic template with superb instructions for setting it up :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kiamyka View Post
    Hello Anne I am loving the template and I'm almost there with it but I have a couple of questions - on my front page under my blurb there is a heading for Specials and they are just not showing up there - I know it must be something to do with my configuration but for the life of me can't work out what.
    Additionally I want to set up a solution for spam through the contact me but am unsure which files to change as there is also a contact form in the header ( I have read another thread about this on the forums http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...p+spam+message)
    Finally just a heads up for others really- I edited the header text and had an apostrophe in my text and it didn't like it at all and my site wouldn't load-I removed the ' and it works just fine now - maybe a cure is to use ALT146 but i didn't actually try that I just changed what I said my site is chrislinacre.co.uk
    Thanks and I must say well done for a fantastic template with superb instructions for setting it up :)

Try changing which tab shows by default. See this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...72#post1134272

I would recommend installing the google recaptcha module for spam control.

In php you want to escape apostrophe's with a \.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne

Hope you are well? The new site is coming along now www.johnwoodsmotorcare.net. I've attempted to get the logo to display properly on the top of the page but for some reason, no matter what I do in the header.php file the 'search' box and links bar cut off the bottom of the logo? See Screen capture below.

I've tried allsorts of different hight/width settings in the file but to no avail!

// added defines for header alt and text
    define('HEADER_ALT_TEXT', 'John Woods Motorcare :: Modern and Classic MG Parts');
    define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'www.johnwoodsmotorcare.net');
    define('HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH', '445px');
    define('HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT', '200px');
    define('HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE', 'jwmc_final_logo_banner.png');

Are you able to advise?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

Thanks again for your wonderful template!

I have two minor issues.

The first is associated with the addition of Lightbox to my cart. The problem is that if a visitor clicks on a product picture, the template's search box remains on top of the slide show.

You can duplicate the problem by going to the following link (remove the ****), clicking on the product image, then scrolling right until you find a wide image:
    http://2staging.ap****swit****tcosal...e_Testing_Demo

You use really high z-index values! I can find the one controlling the search box (in the stylesheet.css), but when I make the value lower, it disappears behind the blue bar. Where do I find the z-index for the blue menu bar? :)

On the same product page (see link above), I would like to move the social media bar. Currently it is directly above the additional product pages, but I think it might better below the grid of additional images or maybe directly under the product name headline.

Where does the social media reference live?

Thanks,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Purecarsound View Post
    Hi Anne

Hope you are well? The new site is coming along now www.johnwoodsmotorcare.net. I've attempted to get the logo to display properly on the top of the page but for some reason, no matter what I do in the header.php file the 'search' box and links bar cut off the bottom of the logo? See Screen capture below.

I've tried allsorts of different hight/width settings in the file but to no avail!

// added defines for header alt and text
    define('HEADER_ALT_TEXT', 'John Woods Motorcare :: Modern and Classic MG Parts');
    define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'www.johnwoodsmotorcare.net');
    define('HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH', '445px');
    define('HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT', '200px');
    define('HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE', 'jwmc_final_logo_banner.png');

Are you able to advise?

Add this to #logo in your stylesheet.css file:

Code:
    margin-bottom:50px;
    Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    Hi Anne,

Thanks again for your wonderful template!

I have two minor issues.

The first is associated with the addition of Lightbox to my cart. The problem is that if a visitor clicks on a product picture, the template's search box remains on top of the slide show.

You can duplicate the problem by going to the following link (remove the ****), clicking on the product image, then scrolling right until you find a wide image:
    http://2staging.ap****swit****tcosal...e_Testing_Demo

You use really high z-index values! I can find the one controlling the search box (in the stylesheet.css), but when I make the value lower, it disappears behind the blue bar. Where do I find the z-index for the blue menu bar? :)

On the same product page (see link above), I would like to move the social media bar. Currently it is directly above the additional product pages, but I think it might better below the grid of additional images or maybe directly under the product name headline.

Where does the social media reference live?

Thanks,
    Mike
    You can find the z-index for the mega menu in stylesheet_mega_menu.css

You can use the developers toolkit in admin--tools--developers toolkit to search for the files that you need to edit. Edit the includes/templates/sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_product_info.php file to move things around on the product info page.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Most excellent, worked like a charm!

Plugin Contributions

Hello I'm newbie on the use of zen cart, but I'm an IT guy so I think that I understand the use of it. Your template is great and I'm convinced that I'll use it on my website, but i'm having some troubles switching languages spanish/english.
    I'm using zencart 1.3.9 and I already completed the setup of the spanish language and I verified this language is working on the "Classic Contemporary Green template". I followed the steps on your readme file to configure the template. When I browse the website in english everything appers correct (screen attached) but when I switch to spanish there is some issues on the screen. If you have any idea abut the cause please let me know. Regards and congratulations por the great template design.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spanish-bottom.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	11907Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spanish-top.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	11908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	english-bottom.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	11909Click image for larger version. 

Name:	english-top.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	11910

Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast