Plugin Contributions

Default Newsletter Sidebox & Newsletter signup

I am going to be using Godaddy's newsletter service. I would like to have a sidebox with the signup - it would be their code for that of course. I am not sure if there is a mod that can do this, etc.

Also, if I use Godaddy's newsletters, I'd need to remove the zen cart newsletter sign-up checkbox from the account sign-up page for my shop. How would I go about doing this?

Please bear with me, I always seem to confuse myself when trying to work with zen cart code. :-) But I do LOVE zen cart, it is so amazing. So any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter Sidebox & Newsletter signup

Depends on GoDaddy's code, but you might be able to use the Blank Sidebox mod.

You can edit tpl_modules_create_account.php to remove this part:

<?php echo zen_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1', $newsletter, 'id="newsletter-checkbox"') . '<label class="checkboxLabel" for="newsletter-checkbox">' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER . '</label>' . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>

Then edit english.php to change 'Newsletter and Email Details' to something like 'Email Preference'.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.

I think I'll at least remove the newsletter subscription option for zen cart for now. I'll see if I can get the blank sidebox to work.

If anyone knows if it WILL work with such an item, please let me know. I'd appreciate it. :-) I don't like guessing, lol! I'm not the best at the code tweaking so I freak out that I'll break something as it is.

Plugin Contributions

If you post the GoDaddy code (assuming it's pretty short) we could take a look. Pretty much anything should work inside a Blank Sidebox.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again. I'll post here if I have trouble. I downloaded the mod and read through the readme, it sounds pretty simple to install.

Hopefully, lol. :-)

I use sidebox header images so there will be a bit more tweaking on my part. No biggie.

As for newsletters, I have one more question - I found the way to remove the checkbox in the ZC admin (forgot about that option there) - but will the 'newsletter & email - text/html' radio buttons always be there no matter what for customer account sign-up? I'm assuming that would count toward Gift Certificate sending and things like that?

I don't think I'll fuss with that part now that I think about it. But I'm still curious.