Plugin Contributions

Default Gift Certificates - Duplicate Orders being Created

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duplicate.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	11582Hi everyone,
    I'm pulling my hair out on this one... I've searched the forums and saw only one other person with this issue but no response or resolution to the problem.

I've set up a site for a client. Everything seems to be working fine. She has set up gift certificates for purchase on her site. When a customer goes into the store and purchases a gift certificate, TWO redemption codes show up on the back end. This is happening every time we test it - duplicates every time.

For now, I have set up the GC Queue so that she can release only one, but it seems to me there is something wrong, and I have no idea what is causing the cart to create two GC's/redemption codes per order. We are able to redeem both codes, so obviously this would cause a problem if the customers received a 2for1!

Any ideas/suggestions? I don't generally get too involved with gift certificates so I have no idea where to start looking for a problem. Thanks for any help you can provide. Screenshot is attached.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificates - Duplicate Orders being Created

Quote Originally Posted by ezboutiqueweb View Post

Name:	Duplicate.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	11582Hi everyone,
    I'm pulling my hair out on this one... I've searched the forums and saw only one other person with this issue but no response or resolution to the problem.

I've set up a site for a client. Everything seems to be working fine. She has set up gift certificates for purchase on her site. When a customer goes into the store and purchases a gift certificate, TWO redemption codes show up on the back end. This is happening every time we test it - duplicates every time.

For now, I have set up the GC Queue so that she can release only one, but it seems to me there is something wrong, and I have no idea what is causing the cart to create two GC's/redemption codes per order. We are able to redeem both codes, so obviously this would cause a problem if the customers received a 2for1!

Any ideas/suggestions? I don't generally get too involved with gift certificates so I have no idea where to start looking for a problem. Thanks for any help you can provide. Screenshot is attached.
    Anyone help you with this one yet? I'm having the same problem.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, yes, I did, and it was so simple, I can't believe I missed it.

Apparently what my client was doing was filling out the field TWO TIMES which was creating the duplicate. I posted a screenshot in the original forum if that helps. Basically if you pull the customer email/name from the dropdown list, you should leave the email field below it BLANK or you will actually be sending TWO gc's instead of one. :) Hope that helps!

Name:	duplicate-gc-screenshot.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	11865

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ezboutiqueweb View Post
    Hi, yes, I did, and it was so simple, I can't believe I missed it.

Apparently what my client was doing was filling out the field TWO TIMES which was creating the duplicate. I posted a screenshot in the original forum if that helps. Basically if you pull the customer email/name from the dropdown list, you should leave the email field below it BLANK or you will actually be sending TWO gc's instead of one. :) Hope that helps!

Name:	duplicate-gc-screenshot.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	11865
    I just had a client reporting this exact issue. The interface is not intuitive. How would anyone expect that to happen? Thanks for posting this. Very helpful and saved me a ton of time trying to solve the problem.