Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading database 1.3.9 to 1.5.0 Admin password incorrect

Dr. Byte, I am running into the same issue I think. ( I posted specifics earlier today here on this forum). First I am upgrading OK to 1.5.1 but the data does not show. I am changing the suffix to "zen_" in both configure.php files. The customer data and such shows up now, but I have to update the database to 1.5.1. At this point the admin password stops working, can not get the update done :-(

Plugin Contributions

Similar issue. I've installed/upgraded from 1.3.9 to 1.5, 1.54, 1.55f, 1.56c and every time I have this password issue. I also do create via SQL in the new database the Admin user with password. Copy and pasting the SQL. I can see the admin user is created with admin privileges. That new username password is still not accepted. I also tried copying the encoded password in the field from the old database to the new database field via phpMyadmin. Still refuses to log in.

I don't see any evidence that the password is actually being checked in the upgraded database.
    All the dates in all admin column database date fields are 0001-01-01 00:00:00. pwd_last_change_date, last_modified, last_login_date and last_failed_attempt. It's as though the form on the upgrade page is not actually checking the password in the database. If it were and it were failing, at least the date of last_failed_attempt would have a valid date. The dates never change.

I never use a database prefix. I've checked and triple checked to see if the script added a prefix after converting my old configure.php files. Prefix is blank. No database tables have a prefix.

According to the upgrade script animation, the database is being upgraded from 1.3.9 to 1.5, then to 1.5.1... all the way to the end, 1.5.5 or 1.5.6, which every I'm trying at the moment. At the last one no matter what version I try upgrading to, the last password check always fails. If the database is really being upgraded in all those steps, what happens at the last one that breaks checking the password?
    I have nothing else to try except install from scratch. What else can I do???

Why would the first login check work and the last one fail?
    I have no idea how to bypass the last password check. As you say, I'm this far in the upgrade, I obviously have rights to the files and database. How do I get past this???

Plugin Contributions

Take a look at the similar threads and also post #8 of this thread. There was a change in creation method somewhere in the middle there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12