Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: myDEBUG-adm log files - question

Started with v1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

I've traced this down to the following conditions:
    1. The currently signed-in admin is not a superuser.
    2. The admin profile associated with that admin has one or more of the 'Product Types' enabled.

For that set of conditions, the check_page function in admin_access.php is choking on the (non-existent) constant associated with the enabled Product Type. In that case, the main_page value returned for the enabled product type by the SQL query at line 29 of /ADMIN/includes/functions/admin_access.php is empty because there's no such key (e.g. _productTypes_product_music) to associate.

With the changes in red, the debug logs no longer are created ... but I'm not sure if (a) it's an appropriate change and (b) if it's a complete change.
    Code:
      $sql = "SELECT ap.main_page, ap.page_params
              FROM " . TABLE_ADMIN . " a
              LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_ADMIN_PAGES_TO_PROFILES . " ap2p ON ap2p.profile_id = a.admin_profile
              LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_ADMIN_PAGES . " ap ON ap.page_key = ap2p.page_key
              WHERE admin_id = :adminId:";
      $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':adminId:', $_SESSION['admin_id'], 'integer');
      $result = $db->Execute($sql);
      $retVal = FALSE;
      while (!$result->EOF) {
        $pageName = zen_not_null($result->fields['main_page']) ? constant($result->fields['main_page']) : '';
        if (($pageName == $page || basename($pageName, '.php') == $page) && $result->fields['page_params'] == $page_params) {
          $retVal = TRUE;
        }
        $result->MoveNext();
      }
    I also noticed during my "playing" with this that it's not possible to check 'Product Types', 'Product - Free Shipping' in an admin profile and have it remain checked after clicking the Update button.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I also noticed during my "playing" with this that it's not possible to check 'Product Types', 'Product - Free Shipping' in an admin profile and have it remain checked after clicking the Update button.
    The issue here is that the page_key value created in the admin_pages_to_profiles table (_productTypes_product_free_shipping) is 35 characters long and doesn't quite fit into the field that's defined as varchar(32).

Plugin Contributions

With the changes in red, the debug logs no longer are created ... but I'm not sure if (a) it's an appropriate change and (b) if it's a complete change.
    Code:
              LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_ADMIN_PAGES_TO_PROFILES . " ap2p ON ap2p.profile_id = a.admin_profile
      $retVal = FALSE;
      while (!$result->EOF) {
        $pageName = zen_not_null($result->fields['main_page']) ? constant($result->fields['main_page']) : '';
        if (($pageName == $page || basename($pageName, '.php') == $page) && $result->fields['page_params'] == $page_params) {
          $retVal = TRUE;
        }
        $result->MoveNext();
      }
    A better solution is to improve the query to 'weed out' the erroneous selection in the first place:
    Code:
              WHERE admin_id = :adminId:
               AND ap2p.page_key NOT LIKE '_productTypes_%'";
      $retVal = FALSE;
      while (!$result->EOF) {
        $pageName = constant($result->fields['main_page']);
          $retVal = TRUE;
        }
        $result->MoveNext();
      }

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EdsGoodStuff View Post
    [30-Nov-2012 21:41:11] PHP Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant in /home/content/html/admin/includes/functions/admin_access.php on line 38

I checked in /admin/includes/functions/admin_access.php and this is what it says on line 38:
    if (constant($result->fields['main_page']) == $page && $result->fields['page_params'] == $page_params) {
    Quote Originally Posted by EdsGoodStuff View Post
    Seem to have found a solution.

I went to Admin Access Management> Admin Profiles and clicked on Edit for the Administrator User Profile. The BOX_HEADING_PRODUCT_TYPES category at the bottom of the page has four check-boxes of which three were checked by default- Product-Music, Document-General, and Document-Product. When I uncheck these boxes and update the profile I can log in as Administrator and not get any myDebug errors.
    I've traced this down to the following conditions:
    1. The currently signed-in admin is not a superuser.
    2. The admin profile associated with that admin has one or more of the 'Product Types' enabled.

For that set of conditions, the check_page function in admin_access.php is choking on the (non-existent) constant associated with the enabled Product Type. In that case, the main_page value returned for the enabled product type by the SQL query at line 29 of /ADMIN/includes/functions/admin_access.php is empty because there's no such key (e.g. _productTypes_product_music) to associate.

Code:
      $retVal = FALSE;
      while (!$result->EOF) {
    /// FIX: add the zen_not_null() check here
          $retVal = TRUE;
        }
        $result->MoveNext();
      }
    The issue here is that the page_key value created in the admin_pages_to_profiles table (_productTypes_product_free_shipping) is 35 characters long and doesn't quite fit into the field that's defined as varchar(32).
    A better solution is to improve the query to 'weed out' the erroneous selection in the first place:
    Code:
    /// FIX: added the AND line above
      $retVal = FALSE;
      while (!$result->EOF) {
          $retVal = TRUE;
        }
        $result->MoveNext();
      }
    Moved to Bug Reports area for further investigation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I just wanted to report that I experienced this bug as well. Mine is a heavily modified zen cart that has been updated from 1.3.8 to it's current 1.5.1. Some plugins that might have triggered this? Perhaps SSU or the fact that I had previously installed admin profiles, but then removed it once I upgraded to 1.5.1.

Once I went in and set up profiles for everyone the error seemed to disappear and hasn't come back. So I'm just hoping it was temporary and ignoring it for now.

Plugin Contributions

Same problem here in fresh install of 1.5.1 No mods or edits its stock u Get the following message: PHP Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant in /..includes/functions/admin_access.php on line 38, referer: http://.../categories.php?cPath=11&c...=edit_category

An 8mb error log file has been growing and growing because of this error. Is there a fix? I tried the above and i get an "Error please refresh this page" when trying to edit categories.

The problem also does not occur on superuser profile. Only occurs on custom profiles.

Plugin Contributions

I've got this issue with other than super user profiles AFTER installing Image Handler 4, but people in the IH thread concluded that it would not be an IH problem. So, the problem really persists and an administrator can't update the product info anymore due to this permission issue:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...36#post1189336

The error log tells about the same CONSTANT issues than in this thread.
    I may be blond but at least I found Zen.

Plugin Contributions

Code:
      $retVal = FALSE;
      while (!$result->EOF) {
          $retVal = TRUE;
        }
        $result->MoveNext();
      }
    I've been using this fix on a couple of my 1.5.1 installations since January 2013 and it appears to work well. Thanks lat9!
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12