Plugin Contributions

Default Who's online not showing correct status

Hi,

I am using version 1.3.9h, with www.phonecaseshop.com.au. My customer is nit picking, and have an issue with the Who's Online. According to the buttons, if I just browse the site it should show the red dot, but it shows the green dot. I refreshed the admin 15 minutes later, having not done anything on the actual site, and the status turned yellow. Refreshed again and it showed green. I have previously created an account with the store, but have cleaned out my browsing history, and have not logged in. Does it track users by IP, so even if I did not log in, it will track my site visit as green? Or is there an issue with the Who's Online? Or am I just not understanding how this tracking works?

Kind regards

Barend

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Who's online not showing correct status

Quote Originally Posted by barendfaber View Post
    Hi,

I am using version 1.3.9h, with www.phonecaseshop.com.au. My customer is nit picking, and have an issue with the Who's Online. According to the buttons, if I just browse the site it should show the red dot, but it shows the green dot. I refreshed the admin 15 minutes later, having not done anything on the actual site, and the status turned yellow. Refreshed again and it showed green. I have previously created an account with the store, but have cleaned out my browsing history, and have not logged in. Does it track users by IP, so even if I did not log in, it will track my site visit as green? Or is there an issue with the Who's Online? Or am I just not understanding how this tracking works?

Kind regards

Barend
    Suggest to your client that they look at using proper analysis tools. No meaningful information is rendered from Who's Online.

Google Analytics is a good place to start.
    20 years a Zencart User