Plugin Contributions

Default Installed FEC before COWOA, now COWOA config menu doesn't appear

Loving zencart 1.5 here.

Followed the steps for installing FEC no problem. Realized it didn't give me COWOA. A little disappointed FEC didn't warn me to have COWOA first. Tried to install COWOA. several SQL warnings - columns already exist. Now there's no COWOA config panel and I still don't have COWOA ability when I try to check out.

Anyone else have this happen? What step did I miss?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installed FEC before COWOA, now COWOA config menu doesn't appear

I don't know about the latest version, but FEC used to come with (it's ownversion) of cowoa included in it

Plugin Contributions

Must be an installation issue, as Design75 rightly states FEC does have COWOA included. Have you enabled the COWOA option in the FEC configuration area?

Plugin Contributions

yes, i enabled it. when i go to checkout it asks me to either sign in or reister, there's no "continue without an account" option.

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you set it to checkout with COWOA only?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by i-make-robots View Post
    Loving zencart 1.5 here.

Followed the steps for installing FEC no problem. Realized it didn't give me COWOA. A little disappointed FEC didn't warn me to have COWOA first. Tried to install COWOA. several SQL warnings - columns already exist. Now there's no COWOA config panel and I still don't have COWOA ability when I try to check out.

Anyone else have this happen? What step did I miss?

Thank you!
    First you need to roll back your site just before you installing FEC. You did make a backup didn't you? After that you can start over clean so you don't have 2 Cowoa's installed at the same time.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Update:

I know this post is kinda old, but I looked everywhere for an answer before solving it for my website, so I wanted to share the solution that worked for me.

I installed the latest version of FEC dated 11-6-2013 I believe. There are 2 closing brackets missing at the end of ..includes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_no_account.php

I had to add 2 lines to the end of that file and then COWOA included in FEC will work:

<?php } ?>
    <?php } ?>

I don't know why there are no other posts about this error in the downloaded install files for FEC. Others must be having problems with it as well.

Plugin Contributions

<p>
    Quote Originally Posted by rjharris37 View Post
    Update: I know this post is kinda old, but I looked everywhere for an answer before solving it for my website, so I wanted to share the solution that worked for me. I installed the latest version of FEC dated 11-6-2013 I believe. There are 2 closing brackets missing at the end of ..includes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_no_account.php I had to add 2 lines to the end of that file and then COWOA included in FEC will work: I don&#39;t know why there are no other posts about this error in the downloaded install files for FEC. Others must be having problems with it as well.
    Thanks for posting this.I installed the latest FEC download from the Numinix site today and the cowoa page wouldn&#39;t load but those two lines fixed it.Never woulda figured that out!</p>
    Last edited by cefyn; 30 Dec 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Plugin Contributions

That fix is only applicable to a wamp server.When I put it on a live site,linux server,I had to revert and it was o.k.