Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Australia Post Shipping Module 2.0

G'day,

I've submitted an update the the Australia Post Shipping Module.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1138

It now uses the new Australia Post API to get rates directly from the Australia Post server.

It includes the following delivery options:

Australian Delivery Options:

Regular Parcels
    Prepaid Parcel Post Plus Satchels
    Express Post Parcels
    Express Post Satchels
    Express Post Platinum Parcels
    Express Post Platinum Satchels

International Delivery Options:

Sea Mail
    Air Mail
    Registered Post International
    Express Post International

***Could a moderator remove the words 'OLD OBSOLETE' from the title and descripion of this module? The module was never obsolete. I had been using the previous version without any issues for over 3 years .***

Cheers,
    Luke

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Australia Post Shipping Module 2.0

Appreciate the contribution, I will make good use of this.

Plugin Contributions

Hi I have loaded this plug in and it seems to be working except for no matter what domestic postage option I select it comes up as "Express Post Platinum Parcel". Any ideas why this would be happening.

Plugin Contributions

Dear Luke,

I am using the Auspost shipping module in one of my zencart installation.

before somedays i checked it was working. i disabled it for some reason and i tried enabled it today.

Today, on the shipping page it gives me an error that "Unexpected error (no valid methods). Using AusPost Flat Rate".

Any Solutions??

Thank You
    Harshal

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bnesupplies View Post
    Hi I have loaded this plug in and it seems to be working except for no matter what domestic postage option I select it comes up as "Express Post Platinum Parcel". Any ideas why this would be happening.
    Hi bnesupplies.

Did you get a resolution to this problem? I'm finding exactly the same thing happening in my store. I've just upgraded from Zen Cart 1.3.8a to v1.5.0.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have installed this plugin today, lets see what result it gives.
    Now the new methods of payment & sending by Aus Post have changed a lot.
    If these things can be included please

Pack and track international for intl shipping

click and send flat rate for domestic.

If some one can try and see how shipping in my sites are working then please look
    www.realleather.com.au

Kingshuk

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bnesupplies View Post

Same problem I have. Where is the developer ? anyone know to the solution to this problem?

bnesupplies have you solved this problem, if so how can you please share?

Cheers
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

We have decided to take this plugin out as it is causing problems with incorrect calculations. ZenAdmin please remove this plugin it might affect other users and also developer is not responding to our questions.
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    Same problem I have. Where is the developer ?
    The "developer" is an ######. Don't expect any support from him. This code is a direct rip-off of my ozpost module
    (http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=899), which has been hacked by him to avoid using our subscription servers.

He released this code was released for the *sole purpose* to undermine the ozpost system (which is still struggling to recoup development & running costs), and as much as I hate to say it, this hacked code is having a noticeable detrimental effect on the future viability of ozpost (at least for ZenCart). I'm having to spread myself thinner and thinner by adding support for more and more different shopping cart systems to keep things afloat. Needless to say, even though I could easily solve this problem for you guys and this module, I have no incentive or reason to do so.

anyone know to the solution to this problem?
    The solution is simple. Use ozpost. OK, so the servers are subscription based, but at least the modules are actively supported and regularly updated.

ZenAdmin please remove this plugin it might affect other users and also developer is not responding to our questions.
    There is a rather long history behind this hacked module. In fact at one stage it *was* removed because changes made by the servers it relied upon made it totally non-functional for several weeks or so (Something that Etrader/Luke insists was never the case. See his 1st and only post in this thread).
    Since that time he has made other (necessary) changes, resulting in the current buggy module.

Even though this is a hack, my code/module is/was released under the GPL licence, which means that technically Luke has done nothing 'wrong' with his modified release, as such I have no official grounds for complaint. I seriously doubt that the admins will remove his module simply because it has a bug or two. Most modules do (at least in the early stages of development). In fact I hope they *don't* remove it, because it does provide people an alternative to the subscription based system, and I'd seriously much rather have people voluntarily subscribe to support our services rather than have them subscribe under the impression that there isn't any other choice.

Bugger.... I had full intent to not post anything in this particular thread (or any others dealing with this hacked code). It seems that whenever a person has a question/issue about this hacked code, NO ONE will/can provide a response, which I find very frustrating, and when *I've* taken the time to reply (often weeks later as in this case) I end up being accused of trying to hijack the thread(s) for my own benefit.

I suspect I'll get the same accusations as a result of this reply. <shrugs shoulders>.

Anyway, if nothing else, perhaps that now you know a little bit of the history behind this module you'll have a better understanding as to why the problems remain, and the questions go unanswered. The module wasn't released for the benefit of Zenners, it was released to help destroy the viability of the ozpost system, due to some kind of moral objection that I was/am (supposedly) making a commercial profit from my efforts/work.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by realleather View Post
    If these things can be included please

Pack and track international for intl shipping
    click and send flat rate for domestic.
    <Blatant plug>

These options, and MANY, MANY others are already fully supported with the Ozpost module.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=899

Don't hold your breath waiting for Luke to add this support to his rip-off module, because I've implemented most of the needed code server-side rather than client side, as such, Luke will need to create this from scratch rather than simply copying my work and giving it away for 'free' as he has done so far.

Cheers
    Rod

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast