Plugin Contributions

Default Problem creating a sale

In the Zen Cart Admin, using the Salemaker function, I can create a sale in an existing category, such as "rings" or "stud earrings" etc. I recently created a loose stone sale and its working just fine. (www.russianbrilliants.net). But when I created a new category, Holiday Gifts Under $500, and copied items into this new category page, I was not able to make a sale live in that category. I thought maybe the problem was that I had renamed an the old category and that I was trying to re-populate it with new items. So I created a new category but it still did not work. What’s strange is that I am able to create a sale in other existing categories such as the current loose stone sale. It may be that I am simply not creating the new category properly, but I looked and didn’t find any hidden buttons that needed to be clicked. The other thing that is odd is that when I created a sale on a product category, for example "earrings", and some of those items were also copied into the new Holiday Gifts Under $500 category, that the entire earrings category showed the sale and also all of earrings that I had copied into the Holiday Gifts category were also on sale. So I know that items in the new category are able to be on sale. I was just not able to apply the sale directly to that entire category. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem creating a sale

SaleMaker uses the Product's master_categories_id to identify which Products should be on Sale ...

If you are using Linked Products and the Linked Products are not using the Category that you have set in Sale Maker as their master_categories_id, then they will not be included in the Sale ...

IF you want to change ALL Products in the Category that you have set on Sale to use this Category as their master_categories_id ... there is a feature that you can use via the C for Copy and click the Multiple Categories Link Manager ... then use:
    Reset ALL Products in the selected Category to use the selected Category as the new Master Categories ID ...
    Example: Resetting Category 22 would set ALL Products in Category 22 to use Category 22 as the Master Category ID Reset the Master Categories ID for All Products in Category:
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!