Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

v1.0.9 is now available from the Plugins area. The update provides downwardly-compatible changes required for Zen Cart v1.5.4.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    This shop doesn't have SSL, so probably not advisable to add this plugin ?
    However, I'm looking for something that sends a email to admin, if a log is generated... not sure if already exists.

I've realize that I had in version 151 , a lot, but a lot of log files, that I wasn't aware.
    For me the way of "check your logs time to time" doesn't work.... or I get a notification... or I don't even remember what logs are.

This module does that ? Or it's more to just display on admin side the logs ?
    Could it be done, to have this two options in this module ?
    Example: if one has SSL, use this on admin, if not, just sends a email to the admins ?

Or something like just sending a email already exists ?
    I think I can do this...probably... but I don't want to be reinventing the wheel ...

Thanks
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

The aspect of not having a SSL and this plugin comes into effect at the point that the admin "page" for it is displayed where the contents of the files are pushed to the browser. That portion of the plugin could be omitted from the installation and the notification in the admin could remain (your "reminder" to check the files). The notification does include a link to the admin page (could be removed), but it also identifies the number of debug files which also could remain helpful.

As to the added feature of an email, well, that would be more of a "feature" to the original ZC code where if a notifier already exists, when a new file is generated that the email is sent. If it doesn't exist (haven't gone a looking) then one could be added to do the same. Whether that feature were incorporated into this plugin or not is somewhat a different issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    As to the added feature of an email, well, that would be more of a "feature" to the original ZC code
    Yes, I see now, that my post doesn't make much sense. It must occur when zc generates the log and not when listing logs...
    Got to find this thing, cause, as I said, for me, or I get some sort of notification, or bye bye.
    And this couple of months that I've been reading logs and logs and logs.... I think I'll miss them. Don't want miss one.

Tanks.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    Yes, I see now, that my post doesn't make much sense. It must occur when zc generates the log and not when listing logs...
    Got to find this thing, cause, as I said, for me, or I get some sort of notification, or bye bye.
    And this couple of months that I've been reading logs and logs and logs.... I think I'll miss them. Don't want miss one.

Tanks.
    BTW, (and sorry for the slight off topic for this forum comment), hopefully you are not planning on emailing the error log with every time an error occurs. That can be worse than using this plugin without a SSL. Further, there really should be rare occurrences of errors.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v2.0.0 to the Plugins for review. The plugin's log-file alert processing has been restructured so that there are no longer any core-file overwrites, enabling the plugin's use on all (current) Zen Cart versions in the 1.5.x series!

This version also includes a filter (so you can view only the myDEBUG*.log files) and additional sorts to enable sort-by file-size as well as creation-date.

If you are upgrading the plugin from a previous version, be sure to read the readme! It's got the instructions on removing that core-file modification from the v1.x.x series of Display Log Files.

Plugin Contributions

v2.0.0 is now available for download.

I am using ZC Ver 1.5.3.

In the instructions for Display Log Files you indicate that I can choose to view only the log file I wish to view. I can't find any place to select that function. Am I missing something?

I am particularly interested in the PayPal log files.

Plugin Contributions

@NCRS 1962, the current version of Display Logs allows you to view only the myDEBUG log files but that's as far as its filtering goes. I'll note your request (the ability to identify the "type" of logs to view) as a potential future change.

Thanks,

That would be helpful for me.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast