Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    I have added the debug-file file-size to the listing of the debug file. I find this very handy in finding potentially the same errors. If anyone else is interested, I will upload this "upgraded version"
    Sounds great, Design75!

Plugin Contributions

BTW here is a screen-shotName:  Image1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  31.0 KB

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    I have added the debug-file file-size to the listing of the debug file. I find this very handy in finding potentially the same errors. If anyone else is interested, I will upload this "upgraded version"
    great addition!

Plugin Contributions

The update has been submitted. There are only three lines of code added to "/YOUR_ADMIN/display_logs.php". They are clearly marked with a comment.

Plugin Contributions

zc1.51
    display log files v1.02

has anyone encounter this problem? The display log files heading displays "TABLE_HEADING_FILESIZE" instead of "Files Size" word. I know this is labeling problem but I don't know how to fix it. Can anyne help me?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's a classic symptom of a corresponding language file being missing from the server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

where do I look for this file?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Here's what I would do:

Based on how 99% of plugins are prepared (ie: matching the ZC folder structure pattern), there is a main module file in the /admin/ folder, and there is a corresponding language file in the /admin/includes/languages/english/ folder. So that's the first place to look.

Or, just as with any plugin that doesn't work correctly for some unexplained reason, I'd start by looking at the files that come with the plugin and make sure I've got them on my server.

And, if I've recently installed an update to a plugin, maybe I missed installing updated versions of *all* the files that come with that plugin.

Or, maybe the plugin author made a mistake and left out a necessary constant/define when they put together their latest update. You can help them become aware of the specific problem by investigating to find whether the TABLE_HEADING_FILESIZE constant is missing from the language file. You can do that by looking at the file itself. Perhaps it's there but maybe they misspelled it? Or you might find it using the Developers Toolkit ... and that would reveal if it's "there" but maybe you uploaded it to someplace other than where it belongs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Or, maybe the plugin author made a mistake and left out a necessary constant/define when they put together their latest update.
    Exactly! The last update was missing that define. You'll need to edit /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/display_logs.php and add the line that I've highlighted in red:
    Code:
    define('TABLE_HEADING_FILENAME', 'File Name');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_MODIFIED', 'Date Modified');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_FILESIZE', 'File Size (bytes)');  /*v1.0.3a*/
    define('TABLE_HEADING_DELETE', 'Delete?');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_ACTION', 'Action');

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Here's what I would do:

Based on how 99% of plugins are prepared (ie: matching the ZC folder structure pattern), there is a main module file in the /admin/ folder, and there is a corresponding language file in the /admin/includes/languages/english/ folder. So that's the first place to look.

Or, just as with any plugin that doesn't work correctly for some unexplained reason, I'd start by looking at the files that come with the plugin and make sure I've got them on my server.

And, if I've recently installed an update to a plugin, maybe I missed installing updated versions of *all* the files that come with that plugin.

Or, maybe the plugin author made a mistake and left out a necessary constant/define when they put together their latest update. You can help them become aware of the specific problem by investigating to find whether the TABLE_HEADING_FILESIZE constant is missing from the language file. You can do that by looking at the file itself. Perhaps it's there but maybe they misspelled it? Or you might find it using the Developers Toolkit ... and that would reveal if it's "there" but maybe you uploaded it to someplace other than where it belongs.
    I will do that Dr Byte and report back if I find the error and able to fix it. If not I will report back too. Thanks so much.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast