Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 89
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,399
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    I've just submitted v2.1.0 of Display Log Files to the plugin section for review; I'll post back here when it's available.

    That version:
    1. Corrects a programming error that resulted in the selected log-file's contents not displaying under PHP 7.1.x and later.
    2. Enhances the plugin, moving all configurable elements into your admin's Configuration->Logging, addressing the request from @NCRS 1962.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,399
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v2.1.0 of Display Log Files to the plugin section for review; I'll post back here when it's available.

    That version:
    1. Corrects a programming error that resulted in the selected log-file's contents not displaying under PHP 7.1.x and later.
    2. Enhances the plugin, moving all configurable elements into your admin's Configuration->Logging, addressing the request from @NCRS 1962.
    I've updated the plugin to v2.1.1 (just submitted to the plugins); v2.1.0 mistakenly removed the file-sort functionality.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,399
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v2.1.0 of Display Log Files to the plugin section for review; I'll post back here when it's available.

    That version:
    1. Corrects a programming error that resulted in the selected log-file's contents not displaying under PHP 7.1.x and later.
    2. Enhances the plugin, moving all configurable elements into your admin's Configuration->Logging, addressing the request from @NCRS 1962.
    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've updated the plugin to v2.1.1 (just submitted to the plugins); v2.1.0 mistakenly removed the file-sort functionality.
    v2.1.1 is now available for download from the Zen Cart Plugins area.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    575
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    This is a great module! Like how it has a notification at the top of admin.

    I have an issue which is driving me crazy right now, well for quite a while it has been doing this since php 7 change.

    It shows Paypal logs, but no other error log types for the last 6 months. But in June it showed one 'mydebug.....' log regarding whos online. And I know for certain it should have a whole heap of error logs.

    Sorry to pose this question in this thread. I asked the server people and they say its not server settings, and Dr Byte kindly helped with some advice which they were not able to utilise to help pinpoint what it is.

    The mod works great, I like how you can filter out the paypal logs also. Many thanks for this!

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,399
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    @HeathenMagic, the PayPal logs (and many of the other processing/trace type logs) are written using a different method than the myDEBUG*.log files. They're written as a "regular" file that happens to have a .log file-extension.

    The myDEBUG*.log files are created using PHP's error-handling, as modified by the built-in Zen Cart /includes/extra_configures/enable_error_logging.php script. If you're not receiving these error-indicator logs, then there's something in your PHP configuration that's preventing them from being written to the /logs directory.

    You can see your site's PHP error configuration using Tools->Server/Version Info; I've attached the settings for one of my "localhost/XAMPP" setups that contain the error-related settings that might be messed:

    Code:
    display_errors	Off	On
    display_startup_errors	On	On
    doc_root	no value	no value
    docref_ext	no value	no value
    docref_root	no value	no value
    enable_dl	On	On
    enable_post_data_reading	On	On
    error_append_string	no value	no value
    error_log	C:/xampp/htdocs/zc155e/logs/myDEBUG-adm-1499810033-259371.log	C:\xampp-5.6.15\php\logs\php_error_log

  6. #76
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    575
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @HeathenMagic, the PayPal logs (and many of the other processing/trace type logs) are written using a different method than the myDEBUG*.log files. They're written as a "regular" file that happens to have a .log file-extension.

    The myDEBUG*.log files are created using PHP's error-handling, as modified by the built-in Zen Cart /includes/extra_configures/enable_error_logging.php script. If you're not receiving these error-indicator logs, then there's something in your PHP configuration that's preventing them from being written to the /logs directory.

    You can see your site's PHP error configuration using Tools->Server/Version Info; I've attached the settings for one of my "localhost/XAMPP" setups that contain the error-related settings that might be messed:

    Code:
    display_errors	Off	On
    display_startup_errors	On	On
    doc_root	no value	no value
    docref_ext	no value	no value
    docref_root	no value	no value
    enable_dl	On	On
    enable_post_data_reading	On	On
    error_append_string	no value	no value
    error_log	C:/xampp/htdocs/zc155e/logs/myDEBUG-adm-1499810033-259371.log	C:\xampp-5.6.15\php\logs\php_error_log
    Many thanks for your reply and your help with this! I think comparing with your example, the error_log setting in my config looks suspect:-

    display_errors Off On
    display_startup_errors On On
    doc_root /home/*****/public_html /home/*****/public_html
    docref_ext no value no value
    docref_root no value no value
    enable_dl On On
    enable_post_data_reading On On
    error_append_string no value no value
    error_log /home/*****/logs/******_com.php.error.log /home/*****logs/*******_com.php.error.log
    I replaced sensitive words with * as I think is advised. I will contact them to change 'error_log' setting, I can't find that directory it mentions. I think that must be the cause. Fingers crossed

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,399
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    Many thanks for your reply and your help with this! I think comparing with your example, the error_log setting in my config looks suspect:-



    I replaced sensitive words with * as I think is advised. I will contact them to change 'error_log' setting, I can't find that directory it mentions. I think that must be the cause. Fingers crossed
    The "error_log" setting is changed to have a different file name (the numeric suffixes at the end of the log file name) on each page-load (both admin and storefront). Those values are set with the PHP ini_set function which is apparently disabled on your site. Check with your webhost and ask them to re-enable the use of that function.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,399
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    The "error_log" setting is changed to have a different file name (the numeric suffixes at the end of the log file name) on each page-load (both admin and storefront). Those values are set with the PHP ini_set function which is apparently disabled on your site. Check with your webhost and ask them to re-enable the use of that function.
    When you're viewing your site's Server/Version Information, search for disable_functions; most likely ini_set is in that list. Ask your webhost what can be done to remove that restriction.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    575
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    Thanks again for your help with this. I contacted them but they said the following:-

    The PHP function "ini_set" is not disable on your server. Please view the snippet below.

    =========================
    root@server [/home/gemtree/public_html]# grep disable_functions /opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/etc/php.ini
    disable_functions =
    root@server [/home/gemtree/public_html]#
    =========================
    Though it contradicts what is set in php settings:-

    disable_functions no value no value
    I think it should say 'ini_set' as you mentioned.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,399
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: Display Log Files [Support Thread]

    Take the following contents, put them into a file named something.php in your store's root directory; then run www.yourstore.com/something.php.

    It will let you know if the error-log file name was properly set.
    Code:
    <?php
    require 'includes/application_top.php';
    $current_error_log = ini_get('error_log');
    
    echo "The current error-log file is $current_error_log.<br />";
    
    if ($current_error_log != $debug_logfile_path) {
      echo "The current error log is not set correctly, it should be $debug_logfile_path; retrying ....<br />";
      ini_set('error_log', $debug_logfile_path);
      echo "Reset error_log to " . ini_get('error_log') . '<br />';
    }
    
    require 'includes/application_bottom.php';

 

 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hebrew Support - new release [Support Thread]
    By eranariel in forum Addon Language Packs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 9 Oct 2019, 09:32 PM
  2. BackUp ZC [Support Thread]
    By skipwater in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 282
    Last Post: 20 May 2016, 02:19 PM
  3. v150 Admin Password Change Alert Message Display -- Support Thread
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24 Dec 2015, 04:53 PM
  4. goMobile Support Thread
    By steveyork136 in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 26 Aug 2015, 11:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR