Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Display Ez-Page Content in Sidebox

I have created some new sideboxes using the Blank Sidebox Mod to display images. It is working correctly. However, I have to edit the file I created call "page"_sidebox_defines.php in order to change the content. I created specific sideboxes for each of my pages (11). So it's going to be a lot of content editing and uploading. What I would like to do is edit the content through an ez-page.

What file(s) do I need to edit and how would the line code be written.

The page I am working on is http://prymlurg.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=9 if you would like to see what I'm talking about.

Any help would be appreciated. If there is a thread already out there, I have not been able to find it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Display Ez-Page Content in Sidebox

Quote Originally Posted by PrymlUrg View Post
    I have created some new sideboxes using the Blank Sidebox Mod to display images. It is working correctly. However, I have to edit the file I created call "page"_sidebox_defines.php in order to change the content. I created specific sideboxes for each of my pages (11). So it's going to be a lot of content editing and uploading. What I would like to do is edit the content through an ez-page.

What file(s) do I need to edit and how would the line code be written.

The page I am working on is http://prymlurg.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=9 if you would like to see what I'm talking about.

Any help would be appreciated. If there is a thread already out there, I have not been able to find it.
    Content for EZpages is stored in the database - not in files. So you can't develop an editing function using this resource.

There is no feature available to edit sidebox content through a wysiwyg editor - mainly because sideboxes are not used for the purpose you are using them.

I don't think those unclear and postage-stamp size images do your products any favours. Then you've gone to great lengths to add some ugly image zoom feature. It's all bitty and all over the place and generally messy. You should just use the normal product display features of zencart - much easier - much more effective - and (in truth) much more appealing.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

You could copy and adapt the ez-page output code to fit a sidebox, then make an ez-page that is set to not display in any menus, but only called up by this sidebox.

You would first adapt this line from /includes/modules/pages/page/header_php.php:
    PHP Code:
    $var_pageDetails $db->Execute("select * from " TABLE_EZPAGES " where pages_id = " . (int)$ezpage_id ); 
    You might possibly want other lines from that file, depending on exactly how you want to handle the functionality. In the simplest variant, using one sidebox to output one specific ez-page, you would just adapt this line from /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_default.php:
    PHP Code:
        <div><?php echo $var_pageDetails->fields['pages_html_text']; ?></div>
    You might use code like this in your blank sidebox module file:
    PHP Code:
    $side_ezpage_id 23;//replace 23 with whatever ez-page id you want to display
    $sidebox_pageDetails $db->Execute("select * from " TABLE_EZPAGES " where pages_id = " . (int)$side_ezpage_id );
    $content .= $sidebox_pageDetails->fields['pages_html_text']; 

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glenn,

I am not sure I understood your suggestion, i.e. which code goes where exactly, nevertheless I tried some combination, and needless to say it did not work.

Will you please kindly help me understand it better?
    Do I need to edit
    /includes/modules/pages/page/header_php.php
    and
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_default.php

Do I put the third snip all into the includes/modules/sideboxes/blank_sidebox.php
    or do I need to split it, and put some of it in
    includes/templates/CUSTOM/sideboxes/tpl_blank_sidebox.php

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Hmm... thinking back two years, and not researching the files again, I believe you would just put the third snippet in the blank_sidebox.php file, adjusted for the ez-page id in question. It would need to be put in the right sequence in that file, so if you post the file as you have it, I could make suggestions.

There would be no editing of existing files.

How did it "not work"? What was the actual result?

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    How did it "not work"? What was the actual result?
    The box is blank, save the title, and other text that I have in the languages extra definitions file.
    The page loads fine, no breaking.

I am sure you know it, but in case you need to search for it, blank sidebox has 3 files:
    includes/modules/sideboxes/blank_sidebox.php
    includes/templates/sideboxes/tpl_blank_sidebox.php
    includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/blank_sidebox_defines.php

Here is the code for the includes/modules/sideboxes/blank_sidebox.php I am using:
    NOTE - I have renamed, and moved the box out of the sideboxex columns, but tested it as a sidebox as well with same result.

PHP Code:
    <?php

$show_evidenza_hp_sidebox 
    true;

if (
    $show_evidenza_hp_sidebox == true) {
        require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_evidenza_hp_sidebox.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'sideboxes'). '/tpl_evidenza_hp_sidebox.php');

$title =  BOX_HEADING_EVIDENZA_HP_SIDEBOX;

$title_link false;
        require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_box_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_box_header.php');
    }

$side_ezpage_id 16;//replace 23 with whatever ez-page id you want to display
    $sidebox_pageDetails $db->Execute("select * from " TABLE_EZPAGES " where pages_id = " . (int)$side_ezpage_id );

?>
    I did try adding the snippet on top of the original code as well, same blank output.

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you add a debug line or two?
    PHP Code:
    $content .= ' pre-test '
    $content .= ' post-test '

Plugin Contributions

Nothing happens, same blank box.
    The "pre-test", and "post-test" text are not diplayed either.

Plugin Contributions

I tried adding the query to includes/modules/pages/page/header_php.php file, and use the code from includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_page_default.php to display the content, and I did get some content, but from another ez-page although the ID was set to the one I need!

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if this is connected to the "no output" in the sidebox, but your site is in Italian, right? Do you have any mods for multi-language ez-pages, or are you just using the base setup? Multi-language ez-pages uses two db tables, one for basic info and one for content, and this query
    PHP Code:
    $sidebox_pageDetails $db->Execute("select * from " TABLE_EZPAGES 
    will not return good results. The field 'pages_html_text' is no longer in the ezpages table, but in the other one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast