Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal has returned a blank address

I have already setup downloads. I am testing my site as a customer. When i go directly to checkout or Paypal express, everything is fine - I finally get directed to the downloads page.

However after logging in as an existing account holder, then go to Paypal express checkout, enter credit card details and press the pay now button, I get the error message saying Paypal has returned a blank address and wants me to login again. Even though I log in again, the error reappears.

How to fix this ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal has returned a blank address

I believe that was a bug that got fixed in v1.5.1

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am unable to install v.1.5.1 directly to my server - it doe not work. Do you know what files i should replace in 1.5.0 to fix the problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In the v1.5.1 zip file there is a /docs/ folder, which contains a changed-files-v151.html file where you can see the list of files that need replacing to upgrade to v1.5.1. And then upload the zc_install folder and run the zc_install/index.php from your browser to do the database-upgrade steps too.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am unable to install v.1.5.1 directly to my server . Have already tried it before - it doe not work. Is there a patch I can use to fix this problem without upgrading ?

I think the problem is in the database address book and the paypal form not matching. I am in AU. So the paypal address form has been set to AU address format while the zencart form has been set to US address Format.

Hear is my paypal form ( address section ) –

Unit Number or Building Name and Level(if applicable)
    Shipping address
    Street number
    Street name
    Street type
    State
    Post code
    Phone type
    Country code and phone number
    Country code and phone number
    Country code
    Phone number
    Email

Here is my zencart sign up form ( address section ) –

Street Address:*
    City:*
    State/Province: *
    Post/Zip Code:*
    Additional Contact Details
    Telephone:*
    Login Details
    Email Address:*

As you will see the two don’t match. For example in AU it is - suburb, and in US it is - Zip code

This is my database details –

address_book_id int(11)
    customers_id int(11)
    entry_gender char(1)
    entry_company varchar(64)
    entry_firstname varchar(32)
    entry_lastname varchar(32)
    entry_street_address varchar(64)
    entry_suburb varchar(32)
    entry_postcode varchar(10)
    entry_city varchar(32)
    entry_state varchar(32)
    entry_country_id int(11)
    entry_zone_id int(11)
    entry_telephone varchar(50)

I analyzed my new customer account details in the address book in the database. Please note that this was a first time account automatically created by PAYPAL when I bought an item. The problem only happens if I LOG IN again with the new details ( email and password ) and try to buy an item.

In my zen cart database account, the entry_state is not recorded. However it has been recorded correctly under billing information in zencart.

I think the php file responsible for sorting out the correct match between paypal and zencart is not working properly because of the difference in Suburb and Zip Code.

I do not want to run the risk of trying to upgrade again and crashing. Is there a patch I can use to fix this problem without upgrading ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

These may help: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...29-with-v1-5-0

As for upgrading, saying "it does not work" is, well, weak. You will need to upgrade at some point. Better to figure out exactly what your problems are with that and get it sorted so you don't end up with an emergency on your hands one day. Of course, upgrading is a topic for a separate discussion.

Plugin Contributions

do you know which php file is responsible for handling data between paypal form and database address book ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The problem you're having is a bug in handling virtual products. It's not isolated to address-book issues. The fix you need is described in a post contained in the link I gave you in my last post.
    And the entry_state is normally blank when there is an entry_zone applied, so that's not the issue.

Plugin Contributions

thks for the info. will try upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

Just to help someone else, DrByte's post worked out for me -

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...91#post1093291

thks