Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

Quote Originally Posted by spawnie69 View Post
    Ok, this worked once and only once. I receive emails that the cron ran but never get anymore email reminders. Is the email sent only once?
    I have it set it up for sending every hour. So I assume everyone with a filled cart who has signed out will receive an email every hour until they do something about it. Is this correct?
    This module has been very frustrating, I keep trying different commands thinking I did something wrong but receive no emails reminding me of my cart.
    But, the module only sends the email once. It doesn't nag them every hour to go back to their cart.

The code appears to do this:
    a) when a customer logs in or creates an account, a flag is set
    b) when the cron job runs, it looks for any abandoned carts for customers that have a flag set
    c) it emails whoever has the flag set
    d) and clears all the flags that were set since the last time the cron job ran

For them to be reminded again they would need to log in again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I got it now. Is there another recover type sales mod for 1.54 that you know of that I may be missing?
    All I could find is a pay version, this one good ole Recover Cart mod which is only good for 1.53.

thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spawnie69 View Post
    I got it now. Is there another recover type sales mod for 1.54 that you know of that I may be missing?
    All I could find is a pay version, this one good ole Recover Cart mod which is only good for 1.53.

thank you
    From a cursory review of the Recover Cart plugin, I'm pretty confident it can be used on v154 without issue.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    From a cursory review of the Recover Cart plugin, I'm pretty confident it can be used on v154 without issue.
    Good to hear, I will try at a demo site and report back. thanks doc!

Plugin Contributions

Anyway to set I should be copied on the email so that I know if this truly works?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ShopVille View Post
    Anyway to set I should be copied on the email so that I know if this truly works?
    If there's no admin setting for it, why not just log in as a customer, put something in your cart, and walk away for a couple hours

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If there's no admin setting for it, why not just log in as a customer, put something in your cart, and walk away for a couple hours
    I like to stay in the loop and be cc'ed on all emails

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In the Zen Cart orders.php class, at the bottom is where emails are sent, first to customer, then admin. You could use that code as inspiration for writing new code into your plugin to send another email to your admin.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ianhg View Post
    @DrByte Upload as requested
    Thanks. The changes are mostly good. You missed a couple changes in the "install" file, which I've updated in the zip.

Latest download is now compatible with MySQLi: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

Plugin Contributions

have installed and everything went smooth excep for cron job, when checking the email logs i keep getting error "PHP: syntax error, unexpected '$' in /home3/xxxxx/public_html/store/cart_reminder_cron.php on line 17"

any help would be appreciated thanks!
    Never be afraid to try something new, remember that amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast