Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Contact Us give "Page not Found" after sent message, but ONLY in Firefox

My contact us page gives a "page not found" after sending a message with Firefox and message does not go thru. I have tested in Chrome and IE and it all works just fine though.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Thanks
    Corey

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us give "Page not Found" after sent message, but ONLY in Firefox

Is the "page not found" coming from your webserver? ie: shows as a white page with a 403 page not found message?
    Or is it pointing to your Zen Cart index.php?main_page=page_not_found which looks like your store but has a friendly message and maybe a site map on it?

What's the URL in the browser when this "page not found" appears?
    Is the URL different in the other browsers?

What rewrite rules are active on your site?
    Do you have any so-called "SEO" mods/plugins installed? If so, which one? Does the problem persist if you turn it off?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us give "Page not Found" after sent message, but ONLY in Firefox

Coming from Zen-cart

Here is the Firefox URL that appears after sending: http://www.toolsforchrist.com/index....page_not_found

IE is not working now (at the time I started this thread it was working though): http://www.toolsforchrist.com/index....action=success

Chrome does work: http://www.toolsforchrist.com/index....action=success

No rewrite rules and no SEO add-ons.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In several other forum threads you've posted a bunch of times about many changes you've been making to the contact-us page.

If you're not using original code, then we're looking at a moving target and can't really help you.

When I use a fresh install of Zen Cart, I can use the contact-us page in every browser I've heard of, and it works consistently correctly. I can only imagine your problems must be caused by differences between your site's code and original Zen Cart code.

I believe I listed several files involved in the contact us page, when you asked about those in one of your many other threads on the topic.

I'm not sure why you keep starting new threads when the topic isn't really that much different, especially when thing are related to each other.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, this seems to be a reacurring problem. But I guess I think they are different issues because in previous cases it did not work in all browsers but now it works in some. The other thing is that I have not touched the contact us page since the time I fixed it all. I thought maybe there was a slight chance that by stating it was not working in specific browsers that someone may have known the issue. I did not intend to annoy or innapropriately use this forum. I will continue to investigate and maybe I will just start from scratch.

Plugin Contributions

I restored the tpl_contact_us_default.php file to its original contents and I am having the same problem. Is there anything outside of this file that I should be checking that could be causing the problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As I said in the other thread, there are 3 files involved:
    /includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php -- this does the processing and tells it to redirect to main_page=contact_us&action=success
    /includes/languages/english/contact_us.php
    /includes/templates/name_of_the_template/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php

Plugin Contributions

Yes, thanks. The only thing that I changed in any of these files though is a phrase that I changed in the english file. Everything else is unchanged.

Thanks for the responses.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by coreyalderin View Post
    Yes, thanks. The only thing that I changed in any of these files though is a phrase that I changed in the english file. Everything else is unchanged.
    Logically, if this IS the only thing you've changed, then this must also be the cause of the problem (knowing that the unchanged files work OK).
    As DrByte says "If you're not using original code, then we're looking at a moving target and can't really help you".

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

OK. I changed everything in the the tpl_contact_us_default.php and contact_us.php files back to the template contents. I don't remember ever touching the header_php.php and its not in a custom folder. And I am still having the same problem. So if these are the only files that can affect how the Contact Us page works then I guess the only explanation could be the header_php.php file. But since this is the only file I have of this, is there a place I can find what the original contents are so I can compare?

Thanks again for the help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast