Plugin Contributions

Default Need Ideas and Help With Regards to the Best way of Setting Up UK Shipping

Hi all,

I have got to the point on my website where I have it looking and feeling how I want. I have uploaded 1600 products at the moment. Now that I have got to the shipping part I feel I may need some expertise, and help from the Zen community!

A brief outline of what I am trying to do. I will be shipping products to most parts of the world. Each product will have different weights and sizes. Each shipping box will weigh differently. Depending on the weight and zone will determine the price. I have agreed prices with a shipping company for 0-30kgs. Obviously after 30kgs the shipping price will double. Does the 'zone rates' module caculate the weight for you? I believe it does.

My first issue or what i'm struggling to get my head around, is my products have a net weight, but the packaging can vary in weight. I don't know each packaging (tare) weight. Therefore it would be very difficult to find out total product weight including the individual packaging for 1600 products (and growing). Do I just add on a total percentage weight on the end of each order to try and compensate for packaging weight? Say 20%? How would I incorporate this? Therefore what would be the best way for me to setup a shipping module?

I had setup my zone rates to have more than the default 3 zones, though I stopped at that point as I realised I needed some more help.

If anybody has any better ideas I would be very grateful.

Rich

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Ideas and Help With Regards to the Best way of Setting Up My Shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by trickster771 View Post
    Hi all,

I have got to the point on my website where I have it looking and feeling how I want. I have uploaded 1600 products at the moment. Now that I have got to the shipping part I feel I may need some expertise, and help from the Zen community!

A brief outline of what I am trying to do. I will be shipping products to most parts of the world. Each product will have different weights and sizes. Each shipping box will weigh differently. Depending on the weight and zone will determine the price. I have agreed prices with a shipping company for 0-30kgs. Obviously after 30kgs the shipping price will double. Does the 'zone rates' module caculate the weight for you? I believe it does.

My first issue or what i'm struggling to get my head around, is my products have a net weight, but the packaging can vary in weight. I don't know each packaging (tare) weight. Therefore it would be very difficult to find out total product weight including the individual packaging for 1600 products (and growing). Do I just add on a total percentage weight on the end of each order to try and compensate for packaging weight? Say 20%? How would I incorporate this? Therefore what would be the best way for me to setup a shipping module?

I had setup my zone rates to have more than the default 3 zones, though I stopped at that point as I realised I needed some more help.

If anybody has any better ideas I would be very grateful.

Rich
    CEON advanced shipping module all the way. Google it.
    Phil Rogers
    A problem shared is a problem solved.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Ideas and Help With Regards to the Best way of Setting Up My Shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by philip937 View Post
    CEON advanced shipping module all the way. Google it.
    You took the words right out of my mouth Phillip. Advanced Shipper is exactly what you need to invest in Trickerster771.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks all. I will have a look into it. It's £50, but I will try the demo before I buy. I will give you more feedback soon.

Plugin Contributions

£50 that'll save you untold hours of head scratching and angst.