Plugin Contributions

Default Option Values as Sort Order

My drop down attributes on the product page are not in the order I desire. I use size / colour in the one drop down list I need to have them sorted in that order.

Apart from manually inserting a sort order for each attribute on each product, is there a way of using the Option Value as the Sort Order? It would save me oodles of time if this could be achieved automatically.

I have changed the table products_attributes so that the products_options_sort_order is type varchar(11), so that it can contain values such as 22E Marine, 22E Toffee, 14D Marine, 14D Toffee, etc and have the drop down list appear in size then colour order.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Option Values as Sort Order

If you put this out on a Freelancer website then there will be loads of freelancers willing to customise the coding that's required for this. It's not straightforward and it's not a Zen Cart option so I don't think you'll get much help on here with customising the coding like that. If you put it out to Freelance you'll probably find someone who'd do it for about £20 or so.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Option Values as Sort Order

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    If you put this out on a Freelancer website then there will be loads of freelancers willing to customise the coding that's required for this. It's not straightforward and it's not a Zen Cart option so I don't think you'll get much help on here with customising the coding like that. If you put it out to Freelance you'll probably find someone who'd do it for about £20 or so.
    Thank you for replying.

I am over halfway with making the changes manually, so I will continue with that.

I may stumble across the solution one day.