Plugin Contributions

Default trouble with carrying the database info into V151

I probably do not do something right with exporting/importing the older 1.3.8 database using PHPMyadmin.
    The original database has all rows starting with zen_
    The new imported database has all without, and all exactly same rows starting with zen_
    Zencart seems to ignore the ones with prefix, it does not show any old customers, products, etc

Name:  zen-capture.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  49.2 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: trouble with carrying the database info into V151

If the original started with zen_, you should have created the new database with the same prefix. Since you've already uploaded the old database, you can change this without having to start over by editing the two configure.php files (includes/configure.php AND yourSeccretAdmin/includes/configure.php) to change the define('DB_PREFIX', ''); to define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_');.
    Then use the zc_install to upgrade the database.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much, making some progress. Once I changed the configure.php files, the data showed up, but can not make it through the db update step as it does not accept the store admin name / password any more. :-(

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adolgin View Post
    Thank you so much, making some progress. Once I changed the configure.php files, the data showed up, but can not make it through the db update step as it does not accept the store admin name / password any more. :-(
    I have the same problem with the admin user/password. I am absolutely entering the correct info and have changed the password several times in the admin and reset at loin screen to admin.

What's going on?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    I have the same problem with the admin user/password. I am absolutely entering the correct info and have changed the password several times in the admin and reset at loin screen to admin.

What's going on?
    Apparently you got it sorted out in the other thread you started on the same topic: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...15#post1189715

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.