Plugin Contributions

help question Which file controls the html header for pages like ?main_page=xyz

Hello,
    On my site I have a few pages under the url like:
    ?main_page=xyz
    For example, "specials", "warranty", "contact_us" (-- some of them were installed from add-ons. zen version 1.3.9.h)

Now, I want to customize their html header fields, such as title, keywords, description. How do I do that? Which file(s) generate the html headers for them? (the standard template override files only generate the "main content" of them, not the headers etc.)

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Which file controls the html header for pages like ?main_page=xyz

I'm guessing that you're asking about the meta tags in the HTML header. Those are generated by /includes/modules/meta_tags.php with some definitions coming from the database (on product pages) and some from /includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php. Remember to make copies of the files into the template-specific directories (/includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php and /includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php) if you're changing the information there.

Plugin Contributions

There is also the About_Us_Page mod (although I cannot say whether it requires updating to 150+):

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=86

Plugin Contributions

You need do NOTHING to the core html_header.php file (you will probably have one in the COMMON folder in your custom template, or your site may be calling in the CORE file from /includes/templates/template_default/common/).

As I said, you don't need to tinker with this at all...

As lat9 says, meta tags and other header stuff (like the <title> tags) are populated by settings in OTHER places, both in the ADMIN CONSOLE, and the meta_tags.php file.

For CATEGORIES and PRODUCTS, you can over-ride core behaviour an add your own meta tags via the admin panel.

And in your PRODUCT TYPES editing console, you can stipulate what data is populated into meta tags too.

DON'T tinker with html_header.php ... you are likely to mess something up.
    20 years a Zencart User