Default Upgrade 1.3.9 to 1.5.1 Can't Login to Admin Area

I just upgraded my database from 1.3.9 to 1.5.1, and when I try to log in to the admin area I get the spinning wheel and am then directed back to the log-in page without any error given. To facilitate the upgrade, I also upgraded PHP on my web server from 5.2.12 to 5.3.14. As there are no error messages given, I'm not quite sure where to look or what to do next. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade 1.3.9 to 1.5.1 Can't Login to Admin Area

Are you checking both the cache dir and the logs dir for error messages?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

The item I see in either directory from the past year would appear to be related to the installation/upgrade.

cache/sess_9370843aa0cf118712ea7d8c5d6cdbd7:

installerConfigKeys|a:10:{s:8:"language";s:7:"english";s:16:"DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE";s :27:"/var/www/html/zencart/cache";s:10:"is_upgrade";s:1:"1";s:7:"DB_TYPE";s:5:"mysql";s:10:"DB_CHARSET";s:4 :"utf8";s:9:"DB_PREFIX";s:0:"";s:9:"DB_SERVER";s:9:"localhost";s:18:"DB_SERVER_U SERNAME";s:4:"root";s:18:"DB_SERVER_PASSWORD";s:16:"ZDJWcU5tNXhNREF4";s:11:"DB_D ATABASE";s:7:"zencart";}logfilename|s:27:"Jan-06-2013_08-28-09-lCg0Ag";

The log directory is empty, save for index.html and index.php

Plugin Contributions

Have you also checked the similar threads listed at the bottom of this thread??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

It must have been an issue with PHP 5.3.14; I downgraded to 5.2.14 (listed as the minimum version in ZC setup) and I can login without issue. I suppose I could try other versions as well, but I'm ok with 5.2.14 unless there's a compelling reason to use a newer version.

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem, I finished the upgrade then change the name of the admin folder, then I try to access the admin page , it display the "Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart" stuff. When I went to the old admin page, it says "database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0 upgrade via zc_install" but I have already deleted zc_install as told. What should I do?

Plugin Contributions

I do it again and click "Upgrade CFG files" first then click "Upgrade Database" and it worked. Problem solved!

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I have updated my zen cart application in the past, without so many critical issues! This is a pain in the a**!
    Upon creating a "demo" store on my hosted directory and running zc_install, I get to the end of the process. When I click the "Go To Admin" button, I get the following message: "ERROR: Admin configure.php not found. Suggest running install? Click here for installation"

The store appears just fine, but I cannot figure out why the admin panel isn't loading correctly. The configure.php file is definitely in the admin directory in the includes folder. I haven't even been able to get as far as changing the directory name for security.

If anyone knows an article that addresses this problem, please consider posting it here so I can move ahead with this upgrade. After hours of time wasted on this, I'm ready to forget about upgrading!

Thanks in advance.
    Frustrated...

Plugin Contributions

I fixed my issue with the admin panel not being displayed. There were 2 things that caused this issue.
    1. My ftp program was not loading some files from the admin directory. I ended up loading these files using my hosting company's ftp program instead of Dreamweaver.
    2. I replaced the configure.php file that I was using with my old version 1.3.8, with the dist-configure.php file that came with 1.5.1.

I am now moving on with my upgrade. Hopefully others might find this useful, since I banged my head on this for a few hours! Save you the trouble.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joe.davila View Post
    I ended up loading these files using my hosting company's ftp program instead of Dreamweaver.
    Excellent. Dreamweaver is a weak FTP tool. Should not be relied upon for more than a single file at a time. Doing large batches of files is VERY likely to result in corrupted or skipped files without any warning to you. Should not be trusted.
    Instead, when transferring files always use a program designed for file transfer, such as a proper FTP program.

And always wise to use SECURE FTP so that none of your data is ever transferred unencrypted. Your hosting company can help you with that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.