Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Adding To Cart Via Product Listing without going to the Product Info Page

What could I do to make it so that when a customer clicks "add to card" via product listing it does not jump to the product info page. I would like it to say on the same page, just like every other site. Please check out this site Walmart...

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Anime-Action/1010220

Click on any item in the product listing and it adds the selected item to your cart without going to another page.

I have been searching for a solution for days and have found nothing that works. At least not one that works in my version of Zen Cart. How can I achieve this?

Thank you,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding To Cart Via Product Listing without going to the Product Info Page

Hard to say without seeing your site, but setting Admin - Configuration - Product Listing - Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location to 0 does that for me.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding To Cart Via Product Listing without going to the Product Info Page

If your products have any attributes (even a single "download type" attribute), they cannot be added to cart without first going to the product info page to select the attribute(s). In most cases, this is a functional necessity, though a single download attribute has nothing to choose and is just an artifact of the system setup.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Hard to say without seeing your site, but setting Admin - Configuration - Product Listing - Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location to 0 does that for me.
    My site is already set up like that, it does not really do what I am looking for. I put the link at the end of this post. Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    If your products have any attributes (even a single "download type" attribute), they cannot be added to cart without first going to the product info page to select the attribute(s). In most cases, this is a functional necessity, though a single download attribute has nothing to choose and is just an artifact of the system setup.
    I don't have any attributes on any products but I understand what you are talking about. Thanks,

Here is a link to my site.

http://www.schobookcollectibles.com/...x&cPath=67_148

Click on "Add to Cart" on one of the items and it brings you to the item info page. I want it to stay on the same page so a customer can easily continue shopping without losing their place or having to hit the back button all the time.

Plugin Contributions

There was a code change in a recent version to make the return go to the original page rather than the product info page... perhaps that was in v1.5.1?

Change the setting stevesh mentioned to 1, 2 or 3 to make the "add" function happen after all qty selections have been made and a button at top/bottom of page is clicked.

Plugin Contributions

I would rather not upgrade since it can cause serious problems with some of the mods I have installed.

I found this here

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...duct-info-page

but it does not work, since I have 1.5. Do you know where I can find a code that I can manually put it to make it happen?

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Do you know it doesn't work, or are you assuming it won't work? Have you tried it on a testing copy of your site?

It probably would have been better to continue the discussion on the other thread, where solutions have been posted, instead of starting all over again.

Plugin Contributions

Its a really old post, and since the last guys question was not responded to I wanted to make a new thread. Also since it is a different version of Zen Cart. And yes I did give it a try, all it did was make my product listings disappear completely. I tried multiple times.

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Ooops wrong thread

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone else help me with this? I found out more information that may be useful.

If you click add to cart via new products or feature products listings it does exactly what I want it to do. You add something to the cart and it stays on the same page. Try it out here.

http://www.schobookcollectibles.com/...e=products_new

I would like it to work on all product listing pages. If you click add to cart here it jumps to the items info and I don't want that to happen.

http://www.schobookcollectibles.com/...ex&cPath=68_75

Thanks,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast