Plugin Contributions

Default What am I doing wrong!!!!!

Ok here is my domain to start with.
    www.therealdealoutdoors.com/stores/zen/zen1
    Ok so my question is how do I change the zen cart logo in the top left corner of the page. I've tried several times and can't get anything to work so I know there's something I'm over looking. If anyone can give me a step by step or a link or something that would be great. Also I've tried 5 different templates and can't get any of them to work. The only one that will show is the one you get when you down load zen cart. I followed the directions to a T and no results. All five templates were downloaded from this site and I saved them in my zen cart file then unzipped them inside the same file. Every bit of help would be great.

Thanks
    Greg

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What am I doing wrong!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdo2012 View Post
    Ok here is my domain to start with.
    www.therealdealoutdoors.com/stores/zen/zen1
    Ok so my question is how do I change the zen cart logo in the top left corner of the page. I've tried several times and can't get anything to work so I know there's something I'm over looking. If anyone can give me a step by step or a link or something that would be great. Also I've tried 5 different templates and can't get any of them to work. The only one that will show is the one you get when you down load zen cart. I followed the directions to a T and no results. All five templates were downloaded from this site and I saved them in my zen cart file then unzipped them inside the same file. Every bit of help would be great.

Thanks
    Greg
    Try this
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?163
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what you did with the templates you downloaded. Each should have come with a 'read me' file with installation instructions. It's possible the files were restored to the wrong location in Zen Cart which is why you're not seeing them in the admin.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

I will double check on the templates but I'm pretty sure it was the read me file that I used we installing them

Plugin Contributions

The template dropdown in Admin - Tools - Template Selection is built from the information Zencart finds in the template_info.php in the root directory of each template, so if the templates you tried to install aren't in the dropdown, you didn't put the files in the right places.

You didn't say which templates you wanted to try, but most plugins, including most templates, require you to drop the 'includes' folder from the plugin to the root (top) directory of your site.

Plugin Contributions

The templates are in my drop menu in admin. When I hit update and then open my web page I get a blank screen no errors or anything just a blank screen

Plugin Contributions

Look in your /logs folder for error messages and post the contents of the newest one if you don't understand what they're telling you.

Plugin Contributions

I'll try to do that this evening when I get home

Plugin Contributions

Ok so I figured out what did wrong with the templates. I went in and deleted them off my server and started over. The first time I did it I put the entire file for the template (not just the /includes file) in the /includes file for ZC instead of just putting the /includes file for the template in the /includes file for ZC. So that problem is fixed now and thanks for the help. Now it's time to start doing some CSS changes so I guess I'll be posting again soon lol.